Origins

Paul.

It was Paul. All that time, all that terror and pain, all those lost lives, it had been Paul and no one had seen it.

But it just couldn't be. It didn't make any sense. There had to be something else. It couldn't be true.

Those were the thoughts going through Giovani Grande's head as he watched them load Paul's unconscious body into an ambulance with a rollercoaster of emotions.

Pain, anger, confusion.

His own godson, his best friend's son.

When Dr Fellers told him she needed to clear her head before answering any questions, he clenched his fists and resisted the urge to scream at her.

He nodded stiffly, threw a glance at Camila, who was evidently not in the mood to talk either and walked away from them.

He stopped next to Lara who had walked out with the medics as they wheeled Ella Sabe's corpse to a second ambulance.

They stood in silence until Lara broke it.

"Why?"

"I wish I knew."

"They were his friends. They loved him."

Her eyes were narrowed.

"God, I wish I actually killed him back there."

Giovani breathed and stifled his anger to that statement.

"Will you stop saying that? We still don't know what happened in there. Camila might've misunderstood the question Dr Fellers asked her."

Lara didn't bother to stifle her temper, she turned her head so fast he was sure she was going to get whiplash, and glared at him.

"Are you fucking kidding me? You're trying to defend him?"

"I'm not!" He lied. "I'm just saying that we won't know that for sure until Camila tells us what happened back there."

STARK'S

"Alright, guys, my shift starts now so I'm gonna go clean up."
Alex announced.

"Bring me another veggie burger." Macy asked without even looking at him.

Alex rolled his eyes.
"Ok, bossy."

She glowered at him.
"What did you say?"

"Nothing, I'll go get your burger."

"Good. And don't forget to turn on the TV, you condescending dick!"

Izzy erupted in laughter as Alex walked away grumbling about pregnant women being a royal pain in the ass.

He grabbed the remote and turned on the TV.

His phone rang as he grabbed a new veggie burger from the chef.
He held it between his ear and shoulder as he headed towards Macy.

"Hey detective, what's going on? I'm working right now so I might not be able to show up."

"Alex. You need to get to Paul's house right now."