The Project

Giovani walked into Sara's office.

They shook hands.

"God, I feel terrible." said Sara.

"I know." said Giovani. "It's been three days, and it still feels so unreal."

Sara sniffled.

"I got the results for Larry and Mia's autopsy."

She handed them to the detective.

"Mia died from blood loss through the stab wounds in the chest, the back and the abdomen. She was already dead when the killer put her in that coffin."

"That's sick." said Giovani. "We're indeed dealing with a psychopath."

Sara nodded.

"What about Larry?"

She sighed. "There were no complications with the surgery. Larry was poisoned. Guess what poisoned him?"

"2C-I?"

The doctor nodded.

"The Slayer gave Larry a very painful and slow death. Larry received a large dose which made his vital organs collapse one by one."

"2C-I, by any chance, do you have it here in the hospital?"

She shook her head. "No, it's extremely rare and that's why most people have never even heard of it."

"It doesn't sound like the kind of thing you could buy on the streets, even if it was, stuff like that just doesn't happen around here."

He could only think of one person with the money and connections to get their hands on something like this.

Daniel Clarke.

"I can't even imagine how his parents are feeling right now."

Giovani grunted.

If there was one couple in the world who didn't deserve to be parents, it was Mr. and Mrs Brighton.

He'd been tasked with the messy job of breaking the terrible news to his parents, but it was a secretary who answered.

After getting the news, she gave her condolences and told the detective that Mr Brighton was on "An important business trip overseas." and Mrs Brighton still had "Obligations in New York."

Long story short, Larry's parents will not be attending his funeral.

He relayed the whole story to Sara.

Sara shook her head in disgust. "My God, that's horrible."

"I know, what's sad is that it doesn't even surprise me. Are you coming to the funeral?"

"Yes." she replied.

"Me too." said Giovani. "I'll go get ready." He took the files and left.

STARK'S
Paul was with Izzy and Alex, almost ready for the funeral.
"Where's Camila?" asked Izzy.

"She went to see Macy." Paul replied.

"Macy hasn't gone out in three days. She said she's too sad to do anything."

"Can't blame her." remarked Paul.

Alex wasn't listening. He was looking at someone who had just entered the restaurant.
"Don't I know you?"

The visitor smirked. "We might have seen each other before."

Alex took a good look at him and rolled his eyes.

"You're the idiot who thought it'd be funny to dress up like a killer, even though there was an actual killer on the loose."

Julian raised his hands. "Whoa, man. I saw that costume and liked it."