24 Hours To Halloween

It took Larry almost a week to go to the hospital for his results, eventually he had to go since Kai kept calling to remind him.

He arrived to see Kai already waiting for him, with a white envelope in his hands.

"Hey, Larry." he said gently. "Are you ready?"

Larry gulped. "Do you know?"

"Yes, but I'm not telling you anything until you open it. You should find out yourself."

Hands shaking, Larry opened the envelope.

CAMILA'S HOUSE
The bell rang. Francisco opened the door. "Oh, hey guys." he greeted, letting Alex and Macy in.

"Hi, Mr Glavas." Macy beamed, her cheeks dusted pink.

Most of the women in DreVille, young and old, secretly crushed on Francisco Glavas.

After all, he was always the clean-cut Italian gentleman with a dashing smile, not to mention he was a single father who had developed a comfortable life for himself and his daughter.

"Is Camila home?"

"No, dear. She's out with Paul. It's been an overwhelming week for everyone."

He turned to Alex. "How's you little sister doing? How are you doing?"

"We'll be fine." replied Alex.

"I know you will." said Francis.
"And you have your friends who'll be there for you anytime. Anything you need, we're all here."

"Thank you."

"Well," said Macy. "We should probably get going."

"Oh, come on, guys." said Francis. "Please, join me for a cup of tea. If Camila isn't back by then, you can go."

Alex shrugged. "Ok."

*****************************
"Feeling any better?" asked Camila.

The couple were having a date to free themselves from the stress everyone had felt the previous week.

"You're with me." replied Paul. "I've never been better."

They were interrupted by a voice.
"Well, well, hello, cuties."

They turned their heads to the voice.

"Izzy?" said Camila "What are you doing here? How are you?"

"I'm fine." she replied.

"How are you holding up?" commented Paul.

"I feel wrecked, but with time, I'll heal."

"That's good."

Izzy noticed someone behind them before she pointed to another table.

"Camila, that dude's checking you out."

They turned around and looked at the table, where a guy, noticing he had been caught, hid his face behind his menu.

Camila's eyes widened. She slowly turned her head back.

"You ok?" asked Paul.

Camila looked at him. "Yeah."

She chuckled nervously.

"Why wouldn't I be?"

They resumed their conversation, but Camila subtly turned her head and found the raven-haired guy smirking at her.

She glared at him.
Son of a bitch.

MIA'S HOUSE
Mia got up from bed. It had to be noon by that time.