you give up your life to save hers • yu jimin

prompt: where you save karina from being in danger (i don't know how i'm suppose to explain this because the title is self explanatory)

pairing: karina x male reader.

genre: angst

word count: 731

You were walking down the street hand in hand with your girlfriend, before you had to stop at a convenience store so you could use the bathroom. Karina had decided she was going to wait outside because she knew if she stepped into the store she was going to spend some money that she should be saving right now.

It didn't take long for you to finish doing your business but you had decided you wanted to get some snacks for your girlfriend, because she had been whining about wanting one of her favorite snacks that she hadn't been able to get her hands on and to your luck they had it in this specific convenient store. You grabbed a few bags and brought them to the counter to pay for but as you look outside you had seen a male figure holding up what seemed to be a gun and to your horror he was pointing it at your girlfriend.

Next thing you know it your feet were moving as you ran to where the man was before unconsciously punched him in the eye which had him stumbling back, you turned over to your girlfriend to make sure she was alright. You weren't really worried about the male behind you because he seemed terrified and didn't look like the type to try and actually hurt someone with the gun in his hands.

But you were wrong because you soon felt a sharp pain through your stomach, only to look down to see a red spot start to form around your shirt. You turned around to see the terrified look on the mans face as he started to shake before he ran off with the gun still in his hands. You placed your hand on the wound before turning around with a sad smile on your face.

Karina on the other hand stood in horror from what she had just encountered but she felt even worse when she had noticed that you had been shot protecting her. You felt your knees began to buckle as you began to fall only to be caught by your girlfriend, you knew you weren't going to survive this you had already lost too much blood.

You guys were now seated out the floor as tears swelled up in her eyes, you subconsciously brought your hand up to her face to wipe away her tears. "P-Please don't cry." You spoke weakly, but as she heard your voice she felt like crying even more.

"Please don't talk, save your energy. Help should be here soon." She whispered as her voice cracked a bit as she had grabbed ahold of the hand that was placed on her cheek.

"I-I love you, I'm happy I'm dying in the arms of the woman I love." You told her truthfully as you continued to speak, "I don't want you think this your fault, I'm happy I was able to protect you and its me and not you" Your voice was getting quieter as you felt your eyes start to droop as your vision started to become white.

"Baby.. Please stop talking." She was practically begging at this point but she knew you weren't going to listen to her despite how much she pleaded and begged. She leaned closer as she placed her forehead on top of yours.

You smiled weakly at the warmth of her before leaning forward and pressing a weak kiss on her lips for the last time. "I love you. I will always love you, like I told you before I'll love you even if I'm dead. Thats how strong my feelings are for you, please find someone who's going to make you happier than I ever will." With that being said you had taken your final breath and fell limp in her arms and as if she couldn't believe that you were actually gone she had began to shake you but only to shortly be pulled away from you as the police and the paramedics arrived and just like that her whole world was taken away from her.