you find out shes in a relationship • kim jennie

prompt: you find out she's dating someone from rumors

pairing: jennie kim x male reader.

genre: angst

word count: 901

You were seated in the back of the class with a few of your close guy friends, your eyes trained on the door waiting for a certain dark haired woman to walk through the door of the class room. Class started ten minutes ago, she was late and you were wondering what was holding her up. Today was going to be the day you planned on confessing your feelings to her, but you couldn't if she wasn't going to show up to school today.

"Bro, I heard this rumor going around, it might not be true but I feel like you should know what is being said." Your bestfriend Jaehyun said from the side of you, as you averted your attention from the door to the male on the side of you.

"What is it?" You responded as you ran a finger through your dyed gray hair, he had a look in his eyes it was like he felt bad about whatever he was going to tell you, but you had no idea what that was going to be.

"I heard from one of the girls in my previous class that Jennie and Taehyung are dating. They seen the two leave right when lunch started and they haven't been back since." Jaehyun said as your face completely fell as you turned in your seat as you looked down at your desk. Your heart completely shattering into millions of pieces.

You really didn't know how to handle the information that you just received. But you knew it hurt hearing about the girl you've been in love with since elementary school was in a relationship, but you knew it was your fault because you waited to tell her how you felt. If you told her soon, it would've been you instead of Taehyung being able to call her yours.

But it was too late.

"Oh.." You spoke quietly as you began to write in your notebook the notes that the teacher was presenting on the board, the entire school day you spent silently with your headphones in your ear listening to sad music in hopes she would randomly pop up out of nowhere to debunk all these rumors that were being spread.

She did show up though. But it was in a way you were hoping wasn't true, hand in hand with Taehyung. Your heart-ached at the two of them together, causing you to quickly avert your eyes when Jennie looked over at you.

Your eyes started to water a bit, quickly causing you to wipe the tears from your eyes before they could even possibly fall from your eyes. You got up from your spot in the quad before making your way to the exit, so you could finally leave school yourself. You couldn't deal with seeing them anymore today, you were already suffering from too much heartbreak imagining them being cute together only to find out that the rumors were true.

"Y/N!" A soft voice shouted, you knew that voice from anywhere it belonged to only one person and it so happened to be the girl you were in love with.

You continued to walk off the campus despite the fact she was calling your name, you really didn't want to be bothered with her at all. Because you knew the minute you looked into her eyes you were going to break down so you knew it was best to keep your distance from her altogether, even if it hurt you doing so. It was better than acting like you were happy for her in her new relationship.

"Y/N!" She shouted once more before you felt her grab your arm, causing you to tense up. You stopped completely in your tracks but you kept your eyes forward, looking everywhere but at the girl that was behind you.

"Where are you going?" She questioned as she moved to the front of you, staring up at you with those cat like eyes you loved so much about her.

"Home." You said dryly, her eyes showing a bit of confusion because you never spoke so dryly with her nor did you ever ignore her. You were always so attentive and so engaged in the conversations you had with her, but something was different about you right now. You didn't hold the spark in your eyes anymore, it seemed as if you were completely emotionless.

"I thought we were studying together today?" She spoke quietly tilting her head a bit to the side as you averted your eyes down to her with the same emotionless expression you had on your face.

"Go ask your boyfriend to study with you." You said coldly before walking past her with your jaw clenched as you hurried down the street to one of your favorite spots near the school.

On the other hand Jennie stood in the same spot dumbfounded on your behavior, but chose to not question it thinking you were just having a bad day and that you would be fine tomorrow.

"Baby." Taehyung called out to Jennie as he made his way over to her, grabbing ahold of her hand as he leaned forward to press a soft kiss on her forehead. "Let's get to class." He hummed as she nodded slowly, following behind him closely.

Little did she know that was going to be the last time she ever spoke to you.