blue crush • huh yunjin

prompt: It was raining when Yunjin stumbled across your cafe. Despite how blue it was outside, you shined like the sun, bright like yellow. It was the perfect set up for Yunjin to come in and sweep you off your feet like the guys in a cheesy rom-com. Well, that's what it started as anyway.

pairing: huh yunjin  x gender neutral reader.

genre: fluff and humor

word count: 6128

It was raining again.

Yunjin could see the giggling school children running past her to avoid getting drenched, a couple huddled together under an umbrella, and people watching the downpour through the windows of the numerous cafes that lined the street. Yunjin, however, took her time, having long discarded her umbrella and letting the rain soak her hoodie, even relishing the uncomfortable feeling of the fabric clinging onto her skin. The gentle pitter-patter of the rain hitting the sidewalk lulled her into a trance and made her want to dance in the rain.

She really loved the rain.

Bobbing her head to the music blaring in her headphones, she almost didn't notice the commotion at the corner of the street, bumping into a man who had just exited the cafe. Muttering an apology, Yunjin frowned when she heard the excited murmurs and the large crowd surrounding the outside of a small cafe, a worker passing a paper menu around. Curious as to why there was such a large crowd gathering around, she took one of the menus offered and opened it, eyes landing on the name on top of it.

"Gentle beans Cafe... oh, there's Red Velvet!" Chuckling to herself at the terrible joke, Yunjin gave the menu a cursory glance once over, Yunjin decides to come back to this cafe at another time, pocketing the menu and making her way back to the apartment.

It was still raining by the time she made it back to the apartment (and Chaewon scolded her for not using her umbrella).

The first time Yunjin actually stepped foot in the cafe, it was a quiet Saturday and she happened to be walking down the same street and suddenly had a craving for sweets just as she was passing your cafe. Recalling the large crowd that was outside the cafe, Yunjin decided to stop and grab a quick snack.

The cafe was oddly quiet today, not even a worker in sight, only the low hum of jazz playing in the background. Yunjin noted how small it was, with only about four to five tables scattered around, with exposed brick walls and plants hanging from the ceiling, a pile of giant plushies stacked against a corner towards the back of the cafe, where a little play area for what Yunjin assumes is for pets was set up. The dark wooden floor complimented the pastel green furniture, a tall bookshelf filled with vinyl and CDs leaned against the wall, right where the counter was with its bright red cash register, a clay succulent with a beanie greeting her as she walked up to it. This wasn't like the other modern styled cafes that were just a few stores down, this cafe was more vintage in taste and carried the distinctive scent of cookies baking in the oven.

Grinning at the goofy expression on the succulent, Yunjin rings the bell, cringing at the loud ringing and the crash she hears from the back, a cookie-cutter rolling out from the blue divider. She waits for a moment before hearing the curtain ruffle and a shout come from the kitchen, "I'll be there in just a moment!" She heard a smaller crash and the quiet sounds of sneakers against the floor, the cloth divider being pushed to the side as you walked out, apron covered in chocolate stains and jam. Flour dusted your ruined hair and clothing, more evidence of what had happened in the back when Yunjin rang the bell.

Grinning, you cheerfully said your greeting, "welcome to Gentle Beans! I'm sorry, there's normally someone manning the counter, but it's the weekend and business is usually pretty slow on the weekends. Oh! But George here is always a diligent worker," you pointed to the goofy clay cactus, "he usually keeps my customers entertained for a while until I finish up in the back, well, it's usually the kids that find him funny. I usually don't get any customers until late into the afternoon, so forgive me if I look like a mess, I accidentally spilled some milk on the floor and then I heard the bell..."