sleepless; for hire • kim minjeong

prompt: She was from an agency his colleague had suggested to him, a highly recommended one at that. He'd been told they were professional sleeping buddies—in the strictness sense of sleeping; one that helped troubled clients fall asleep.

pairing: winter x male reader.

genre: -

word count: 2266

I.

"Is that the best that you can do?" He challenged, tone laced with boredom.

Minjeong reached for the zipper that held her dress and slowly walked to him. With each step, she pulled the zipper down. Bracing the arms of the chair he sat on, she gave him a beguiling look and a clear view of her breast.

"Best? I can give you more than that." She leaned in and whispered to him, lips intentionally brushing the shell of his ear. "After this, you won't be able to sleep without me."

II.

He really shouldn't have come back.

To be a slave of the flesh was a display of weakness, a chance for the mind to be corrupted and to be a follower of desire and temptation. Y/N prided himself for not partaking in his friends' vices—of the booze, the cigarettes and the drugs; he was smart enough not to get involved in anything that might risk his future.

But then, the insomnia.

When she spotted him, her red lips broke into a shrewd grin and she made her way to him, swaying her damnable hips that made him all riled up. Like a cobra waiting to spring unto his prey.

"I knew you'd be back." She said knowingly. "They always do."

He raised a brow. "They?"

"Is that jealousy I hear in that tone of yours?" She sat beside him, knocking her knees with his. It annoyed him, but not enough for him to remove it. "Don't worry. You're the only one I slept with. Figuratively speaking."

He grunted, leaning forward to his knees and massaging his temples. Another migraine from his lack of sleep.

"Still can't sleep?" She whispered. "Workaholics like you only think about work and climbing up the corporate ladder, that's why you can't get a moment's rest."

Y/N turned to her. She was hunched over too, palm resting on her chin and observing him. She was close, very close.

"I'm not only thinking about work." He replied, licking his lips.

She tracked the movement of his tongue with interest, mirroring him. Her breath was heady. "Oh?"

Y/N inched closer until their noses touched and his lips ghosted over hers, teasingly. When she parted her lips slightly, he closed the distance and cursed in his head.

Now he's never going to get any sleep.

III.

This wasn't why he hired her.

She was from an agency his colleague had suggested to him, a highly recommended one at that. He'd been told they were professional sleeping buddies—in the strictness sense of sleeping; one that helped troubled clients to fall asleep. In the beginning, he'd been reluctant to employ one but an accumulative 10-hour sleep in two weeks was taking its toll on him. He caved in and got her.

She was amicable at first but after she exhausted every sleeping technique she knew and he still couldn't fall asleep, she tried a different tactic. One that worked well on him.

Worked too well on her too, if her snores were to tell.

"How the hell am I supposed to sleep now?" He said out loud, which caused the sleeping girl next to him to waken.