walk with me • kim minjeong

prompt: based on youngjae's song 'walk with me' this is a song imagine (if that's what they are called) so this is also going to be filled with the lyrics.

pairing: winter x male reader.

genre: romance, fluff, christmasy and maybe angst (the song gives me a little angsty vibes)

word count: 1984

Your smile is all I have, but how could I change my mind like this

It was a cold winter, you usually spent it with your girlfriend Minjeong but she had some last minute things to do at her company so you had to spend a bit of the cold day alone. You looked at the Christmas decorated apartment that you had decorated with your girlfriend and her group members. The memory of how happy she looked during the time you guys were decorating was the only thing that flashed through your mind, you loved her smile more than anything. After being casted out by parents because you weren't going into the field of work they wanted you to go in and on top of that you weren't dating a idol. They were never the most supportive of your guys relationship but you honestly didn't care.

You were happy with her and you honestly couldn't even think to change your mind about being with her because your parents didn't like the fact she was an idol. Of course, you loved your parents and you would usually listen to them when it came to them not liking the person you were dating but this time it was different. You couldn't possibly end things with Minjeong, especially when she was the reason you were still here today.

If there's a miracle, it could seem to be like this

As you began to get lost in your thought you weren't able to hear the keys jiggling on your front door and you hadn't realized your girlfriend had arrived home from what she had to do at her company. But the moment you felt a body crash against your back, you were knocked out your thoughts. You were a bit startled but once you felt the comforting feeling of home you relaxed a bit because you knew it was none other than your loving girlfriend you had expected her to be home a lot later but you were surprised to see she was back so early. She was gone only about a few hours but to know you didn't have to spend the rest of the day alone made you happy.

You turned your body around as you were met with the eyes of your girlfriend that were filled with so much love and adoration. You leaned down a bit before pressing a gentle kiss on her lips, you let your lips linger a bit before pulling away. A face eating grin formed across both your lips as you pulled her body closer to yours.

"I missed you." You hummed out as your arms rested around her shoulders.

"I missed you too." She spoke, her voice was gentle and quiet as she nuzzled her face further into your chest. You guys stayed like this for a few more moments before finally pulling away from each other.

I talk as though I'm someone else, surrounded by warm thoughts as unusual

You guys parted ways as you made your way over to the couch and her to your shared bedroom. She had told you that she planned on changing into something warmer than what she was currently wearing.

It was now quiet in the room you were in, your thoughts were getting a bit warmer as it began to be filled with thoughts of her. Every time you thought about her, you felt your bear get warm. She always had this affect on you, every time she filled your thoughts you felt so warm and fuzzy inside but it might seem a bit cliché but you were okay with being cliché if that means she would be happy.

But there have been moments where you felt like you didn't make her happy, but you feel like everyone's been in a situation where they believed they didn't make their significant other happy. But whenever you felt that way she tried her best to reassure you that she was the happiest she's ever been because of you.