kiss & make up • yizhuo ning

prompt: "So tell me, can we work this whole thing out?"

It's very easy to become attached to someone, yet it is much harder to become unattached. Sometimes, it might be easiest for everyone if they just stayed together, don't you think? (let's also act like ningning was an inkigayo host and we will also act like aespa collabed with dua lipa also in CIX you take over Seunghun's parts & positions)

pairing: ningning x male reader.

genre: light angst and romance

word count: 2019

December 10, 2020: "I think this is a great opportunity for you girls. It will be a rush because this was brought up quite last minute, but collaborations between Western artists and Korean artists have been far and few, and seeing as one of the big names of Western pop has personally asked you four to work on a song with her, it would be a shame to let this pass by."

Karina, Giselle and Winter all nod in assent. It's like their manager said, it's a good opportunity for them, especially since they currently have fewer schedules than they usually would. The manager smiles back, turning towards the last member.

"Ningning, what do you think?"

She looks from the potted plant that has caught her attention for the past minute ('if manager-nim leaves the plant in that corner of his room, how will it get any sun?').

"Uh yeah, that sounds like a great idea," she mutters back. The manager pauses for a second, debating whether or not to bring up Ningning's lack of attention, but he decides to let the moment go and he claps his hands together before explaining the details of the collaboration.

Unfortunately, all attention on the manager is lost, as the three other girls share a glance with one another. 'We need to do something about Ningning. It's been a month now.'

Ningning has gone back to staring at inanimate objects: this time, wondering whether or not the stack of papers on their manager's desk could be aligned more neatly, 'why doesn't he clear it?', 'why doesn't he get his personal assistant to file them?', and she thinks of someone that would have said the same thing, being the perfectionist that he is. And now her thoughts dwell on the one person she has been trying so hard not to remember.

It's hard not to associate Kim Y/N with everything good in the world. His seriousness, yet his witty charm is enough to win over even the coldest of hearts. Not to mention how his eyes scrunch up and his apple cheeks form his signature laugh, which also sounds refreshing and carefree, if a laugh can even be described as such. Kim Y/N is also probably the first guy that Ningning has been this attached to. After all, how could she not get attached? He always knows how to make her feel better after a particularly tough day, a rough hosting session, but most importantly he makes her feel appreciated.

But then, she supposes, that is all in the past.

They first met in December. It was a Friday afternoon, and she was ready to get this meeting out of the way, so she could go back to the dorm to see her girls for their scheduled hang out consisting of a movie, snacks, and just all around wholesome cuddles. Don't get her wrong, Ningning was honoured to be chosen as one of the new hosts for Inkigayo, but her week had been exceptionally long, with photoshoots upon photoshoots that her bloodstream was slowly being replaced by caffeine, and all she wanted to do was rest. Shaking herself more awake, she made her way into the meeting room, noting the four figures in the room. Three of them had lanyards around their necks: probably the PD-nims , Ningning thought. She greeted them with a bow, before turning to the final figure.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Y/N-imnida," the male bows, then holds his hand out to shake. All of a sudden, the exhaustion she was feeling just seconds before was no longer noticeable, and the only thing she can register is 'wow, his hand is really soft'.