your name • jennie kim

prompt: where two people keeps encountering each other (credit to sharkeu on AO3)

pairing: jennie kim x male reader.

genre: chances, fate in destiny, fluff and a bit of angst, slight mentions of jinji

word count: 10536

Seoul

"Park Jinyoung?" Jennie asked as she walks near a guy standing in the university gate, as mentioned in the note her friend gave her.

"Kim Jisoo?" The guy asked as he turns around.

Of course, she's not Kim Jisoo. She is a junior university student who was persuaded by her friend, that's the Kim Jisoo, to fill in for her in this blind date. Jennie declined for over a thousand times. Final exams are coming and she just wanted to stay at home and review her notes. Despite her Korean roots, she was born and raised in New Zealand and is just staying in Seoul as a university exchange student and exchange students like her can't afford bad grades. But she can't say no to her only friend too, so she ends up with a compromise. Jennie's going to that blind date, tell Jisoo's date she can't make it for some reasons she only knows then go back to the dorm to study. Jisoo hasn't heard this plan yet but this is all that Jennie can do.

The guy smiled at Jennie, waiting for her response, his cocky smile is both threatening and making her heart flutter. For a second, Jennie thought of just going for this date. Fuck the finals.

"You're Jisoo?" He asked again and Jennie quickly gets back to her plan.

Messing up with the finals is one thing but pretending to be someone else would be too much to handle. So, Jennie shakes her head and says, "No, sorry. I'm Jisoo's friend and I just came here to say that she can't make it today. I'm really sorry." She said, bowing.

When Jennie lifts her head up, she found the guy grinning widely—and cutely—which makes her already racing heart beat even faster. But she quickly shakes the thoughts away because why the heck is he grinning?

"Excuse me?" Jennie couldn't help but wrinkle her eyebrows as she mumbles.

"Sorry," He says, shaking his head, failing to hide his smile. "It's just so funny that I'm not Park Jinyoung either."

"What?" Jennie asked, blushing, thinking that she approached the wrong person.

His smile turned wider. "I'm Im Y/N. Jinyoung's friend. Don't tell your friend but that jerk was tryna stand up his date so I came instead."

"Oh." Jennie nods. "Okay. Thank you." Then, she quickly turned around to go back home. This Y/N guy is too distracting for her.

"Wait, hold on." He calls as Jennie turns around. "You're leaving already?"

"Yes." Jennie replied. "You're not Jinyoung and I'm not Jisoo; I think we've both settled that we're not supposed to be on this date." She hated how stiff she sounds but if she gets a little bit friendlier, Jennie's afraid she'll just end up inviting him to study.

"Wait, wait, wait," Y/N calls when Jennie turned her back on him again. He smiled when she turned around even with the puzzled look on her face.

"Look, Jinyoung paid me for this. No, actually, I told him he should pay me for this." He explains. "I know that sounds rude and, now, I actually feel bad for taking the money but I don't want to return it to him anymore."

Jennie is just looking at him half listening and half admiring his features because, damn, the longer she looks at him, the more she realizes how good he looks.