Love ShAck, Baby

Spencer was still flicking through the notebook of Ali's Hanna had given her, her eyes scanning over the entries "I don't understand. I...I don't recognise any of these names."

"Because she changed them." Hanna explained "She was changing stories, too. You just have to know the real stories in order to recognise the fake ones." 

"Sounds like Ali. The truth bored her." Emily said

"So it's like creative non-fiction with pseudonyms?" Spencer asked 

"I don't know what that means, but sure." Hanna nodded 

"Hanna, I can't believe that you held onto this since Ravenswood." Aria said 

"We knew that Ali had journals. What's so bad about this one?" Lily asked 

"Because the stories in there, they're... they're personal."

"Personal about Ali?" 

"About Ali and us." She said "There are things in there that we may not know about each other, and things from the past that we want to forget." 

"So you thought you should get to read it, and we don't?" Emily scoffed 

"I just didn't see the point of bringing all that up again." Hanna said "We're supposed to be focused on finding Ali."

"That's not your call to make." Spencer said 

"I know. I made a mistake!" 

And it took you till now to realise that?" Emily asked 

"Em, I said I was sorry!" 

"Did you?" 

"Okay!" Lily interrupted loudly  "The most important thing is that we have this now. Okay, Hanna, you said that there are stories in here about Ali. What about "Board Shorts" or someone else who might have been after her?"

"There might be. I don't know. I just couldn't put all the pieces together on my own." She said 

"So this is what we do. We each take turns, we'll weed out the stories about us and see what's left over." Emily suggested 

"Who goes first?" Spencer asked

"I do." Emily said

The next day the girls were all curious to see how Emily had got on with the diary, so when Lily, Spencer, and Aria found her sitting in the school courtyard with it open they immediately went over to talk to her "Hey." 

"Is it a page-turner?" Lily asked 

"Yesterday I could barely make it through the first story that was about me." Emily answered 

"What changed?"

"I want answers." She said "From Ali, from this book... I'll take them anywhere I can get them." She showed them the book and they immediately took notice of how the pages were highlighted and annotated with colours "I'm green, Lily's are blue, Aria's are purple, Spencer's red Hanna's pink, Ali's yellow, and white is for whenever we don't know who the story's about."

"Wow." Spencer. said "That is so neat of you."

"Actually, it's so Pam Fields of me." Emily chuckled "I'm becoming my mother." 

"So, how bad is it?" Aria asked, referring to the diary 

"It's weird." Emily said "There's one story where she says I'm so desperately in love with her I'd rob a bank for her if she asked me to, and then another where she says I always put my friends first and she wishes she was more like me."