- cesar -

Well, here I am, back in my old neighborhood

Well, here I am, back in my old neighborhood. A place I never thought I would be again. I haven't talked to my friends in ages and I dumped Cesar the day I left. I would be lying if I said I didn't have love for all of them still, but sometimes things are better left unsaid.

I hated coming back, but I felt like I needed to. It was either spend winter break in the city of my new high school, or spend it with my parents and siblings. Of course, family over everything. Always. I'm a family gal.

I hated that it had to be here though. All this city is known for is bad vibes and drama. I hated being here, but it didn't scare me. Nobody on this block scares me and I'm nobody to be messed with. I could handle my own and I wasn't someone who backs down. I'm a lover, but I'm also a fighter when necessary. I always have been and always will be.

My dad was well known and respected by the santos. He was the only one who cared for cesar and oscar because he knew the their mom. He helped them and looked after them. He wasn't too happy when Cesar and I became a thing, because he didn't like the gang life but he finally came around. It didn't make matters any better when Cesar and I broke up either. He and I haven't talked for over year. Even though we've been through a lot of shit together. He tried reaching out to me, but eventually stopped. I'm guessing he got the message.

-
It was Christmas Eve, and I've been here for about a week and a half. Tonight my parents were throwing a party to get everybody back together. I was kind of nervous because I haven't spoken to anybody since before I left. Kind of hoping they show up, but I already know they may not. My parents invited everybody, except Cesar of course. Hoping Oscar shows up. He's been doing so good for himself with a baby girl on the way. So proud of that man.

As we all waited around and made small talk, the doorbell rang. I wonder who it is. Then, a familiar voice filled the room. It was jasmine. I got up so quick and pretty much jumped up to her. She smiled at me, but looked me up and down. I rolled my eyes, but laughed.

"I know it may not seem like it, but I've missed you so much, loca" I said, gently punching her arm. She let out a small chuckle and then we hugged. "You have a funny way of showing it, y/n." She said letting me go. Not too long after, rubys parents showed up but ruby wasn't with them. Along with jamals parents. Monse came with her dad and his girlfriend and I greeted her the same way I did with Jasmine.

When all of the parents started drinking and enjoying themselves, the three of us slipped away into my bedroom so we could all catch up. "So, what's been going down here since I've been gone?" I said getting snacks out of my snack drawer and drinks out of my small fridge. They were both silent and looking at each other. I walked over to them and sat down looking confused. "Girl, so much has gone down." Jasmine said as Monse added in. "Yeah, freeridge has been a mess." She said, grabbing a drink.

We talked for a few hours, and eventually ran out of snacks. So, my dad popped in asking if we wanted to do karaoke. We all politely declined and decided we were gonna go to the mini mart at the end of the road. We were all just talking and ranting, it didn't even take that long to get there.

We grabbed snacks, more drinks and even more snacks. We were so caught up in talking, we didn't even see the girl staring at us at the end of the aisle.

"Oh, shit." Jasmine and Monse both whispered in unison. She was staring at us all crazy so I returned the energy. Jasmine pulled me and turned me around. "Girl, I know you're tough on your own but this girl is not one to play with." I rolled my eyes. "Girl, ain't nobody scared of her." I released from jasmines grip and turned back around. "Is there a problem? Is there something I can help you with?" I asked, using my hands to express that I was not in the mood to be playing. She walked up closer. "I don't know, are you y/n?" She said with a terrible attitude while looking me up and down. I walked closer to her to show her I wasn't scared. "Yeah, I am. What's it to you?" Returning her look. Suddenly, someone walks around the corner. My face filled with anger and I was just about sure everyone could feel it. Cesar. "Vero, let's go." He said, and she smirked at me. He got me so messed up. So, I laughed as they walked away.

We paid for our stuff and headed back to my house. I was quiet for a long time but I got out of my feels. I don't care about that dude anymore. I am just focused on getting my shit together.

For that night, we ended up talking about everything and what was new. I loved having my 2 best girl friends by my side again.

Word count: 933 words

I hope this is good? I got more coming!