° cesar 2 (cont'd) °

8 months ago, cesar and i broke up

8 months ago, cesar and i broke up. i kept my distance from both him and monse. i have not talked to, or tried to talk them since.

today is the first day of our junior year, and let's just say that i had a pretty great glow up since then. i'm happier, i'm feeling better and i can't wait to start this new year off. jamal, ruby, and olivia all decided to meet up at my house so that we could all walk to school together.

i finished getting ready, ate breakfast and kissed my parents goodbye. ruby, olivia, and jamal were all standing outside. they had weird expressions on their face, and i was kind of confused. "why are you guys looking like that?" i laughed,  but they didn't. then i seen the problem. monse and cesar were behind them. "what the hell are you guys doing here?" my mood was ruined. "yn, please let's just go." olivia said, she was always the one who broke up the fights and the arguments. "no, i want to know who invited y'all because i sure the hell didn't and wouldn't have." i was basically yelling at them, they were silent. "i invited them, yn. we all want this group to go back to normal." ruby said, everybody agreed. "ew." i mumbled and took off walking.

not wanting to waste my energy on arguing or even listening to another word from any of them. i put my headphones in and blasted my music. latrelle pulled up next to us and started talking his shit but i had an idea. "latrelle, do you think you could give me a ride to school?" i said, i shot a look at cesar who was angry. "yn, what  the hell are you doing?" the whole gang was upset and confused. "ah hell yeah, mamas. it's about time you came to this side." i smiled at him and got in the car. "see you guys at school" i waved at them.

* rubys POV *

the prophets car sped off. "why the hell did we just let her do that?" i yelled at the gang. "this is all your fault. she's so mad at you 2, she's going to get even by hanging out with the prophets!" i yelled at monse and cesar. cesar got his phone out and dialed a number. "she's not going to answer you, she hated your guts cesar. why can't you see that?" i yelled pushing him. "i'm not calling her, i'm calling oscar. he'll know what to do but for now we need to get to school and see if yn made it." cesar said, and we all started walking again.

*yn pov*

"thank you guys for bringing me to school. i owe you guys one." i said and latrelle nodded. "what happened with you and diaz anyway, shorty?" he asked, and you paused. "oh you didn't know? he and monse were hooking up on the low while we were together." i rolled my eyes, and latrelles friend let out a "damn, that's wild." i nodded in agreement. latrelle had a face of disgust. "hey, do you wanna hangout after school? nothing wild, we can just chill?" latrelle said, he was actually really cool. "yeah, of course. i would love that." i kissed his cheek, and he had a grin from ear to ear on his face. "pick me up after?" he nodded, "yeah, you got it." i smiled and waved.
"why the hell did she just do that?"

as i headed into school, there was the group waiting for me. i rolled my eyes and tried walking past them, but they stopped me. "yn what the hell is wrong with you?" ruby yelled out. "girl, are you crazy?" jamal said in disbelief. "you're not hanging out with him. oscar's picking you up after school." i shot a look at cesar after he finished his sentence. "umm, no the hell he's not. latrelle is. we ARE going to be hanging out. he's actually really chill. also, we aren't together anymore so i think it's funny how you can call the shots." i walked away and headed to my first class. luckily, i had ruby and jamal in this one. "are you really hanging out with latrelle after school?" ruby asked, he was pretty scared. i nodded, "yeah, he asked me too and i accepted." ruby and jamal stopped what they were doing and looked at me. "you know cesar is going to do everything in his power to stop this, right?" jamal said, and ruby nodded. "okay well, cesar isn't my boyfriend anymore and i don't have to listen to him."

i got through all my classes, and ran over to where latrelle said he would be picking me up. annoyance filled my whole body when i seen oscar was parked there too. "omfg" i mumbled to myself. "get in the car, now." oscar ordered. cesar was already sitting in the passenger seat. i shook my head. "no, your brother no longer gets a say and i don't any of you protecting me. you may know loyalty, oscar but he doesn't. i'm not scared and i don't care about what he says so i'm sorry he bugged you but i'm not getting into your car." i ran over to latrelles car and got in. without any hesitation, he sped off.

we went to get ice cream and then we sat at the park talking about anything and everything. "you know, you're not a bad guy. you're really sweet and you're super chill. i think that's the best thing about you." he smiled, and kind of blushed. "yeah, everybody only sees the bad in me. i don't show my softie side to nobody but my family. you though, you're an exception." i smiled, we talked more about what we want in life. we talked about our goals and our dreams. we even exchanged numbers.

latrelle was a good guy to me, at least. we texted all day and all night and even hung out when we could. i started liking him in no time. i knew cesar wasn't going to stop trying to end things between me and latrelle but i didn't care. i was happy again.

should i continue this or no???