° ruby 2 °

Requested by: Agathareadss ❤❤

Lexi's POV

It was a few weeks after the incident that happened at Olivia's quinceanera. I'm still mourning the loss of my best friend. She was so kind and caring. All she wanted was peace. She was the only one in the friend group that knew about my crush on ruby and she never told a single soul. She was the most amazing and genuine person you could ever meet.

Tonight, the whole friend group is meeting over at Ruby's to countdown the new year. I don't know if Cesar is going to show up, but I really hope he doesn't. I still blame him for all of this since he's the one who said he "took care" of latrelle. My trust in him is absolutely gone. If he comes and Monse is with him, I might just explode. I've definitely been keeping my anger in towards him. I'm going to try my hardest tonight though for Ruby. I've kept in touch with him and always went to his house to make sure he was okay. We all did, but I was the one that stayed the longest with him.

As I sat in my room and got ready, I remembered there was a selfie picture of Olivia and I sitting on my dresser. It was a few days after we became really close. I began to tear up just thinking about all of the memories and how we would never be able to make more. I began sobbing, until my mom walked in. "Oh, mija." She said, pulling me into her arms. I cried for as long as I could. "I know it's hard, baby but you got this. Olivia wouldn't want you to stay sad." She said, and I nodded. "I miss her, mom. I miss her so much." She rubbed my arm, and pushed back my hair. "I know, love. I understand that feeling. It's going to be okay though. She's watching over you and protecting you." I gave her a small smile. "I should clean myself up and get going." She nodded and walked out the room. I wiped my face clean and did my make up. I sat there staring at myself for a minute and then I remembered something. I wrote a note to Ruby. I explained how I felt about him in it and the last thing olivia said to me was that I should give it to him. I had a really weird feeling in my gut and I guess that was the sign that I should give it to him. I grabbed it out of my dresser drawer, looked at myself in the mirror one more time and made my way to Ruby's.

Lexi's Look