° ruby °

I loved him

I loved him. I was IN love with him but he loved her. I had to silently and painfully watch the love of my life, drool over another girl. It hurt.

It's currently a friday afternoon and the group always comes over to Ruby's just to hangout and whatever. I thought about not going, but I figured it would just be weird. Cesar, Monse and Jamal  were the only ones who knew about my crush on Ruby. They could see how painful it was to just be there.

Ruby was planning and preparing for Olivia's quinceanera. When he's focused and concentrating, he comes rude and bossy. It doesn't bother me though, because I know he's a perfectionist. Olivia is beautiful. Everything I wish I could be. I was sitting on the couch with Monse, Cesar and Jamal. I was trapped in my thoughts when suddenly I was snapped out of them. "Yn are you even paying attention? We need this to be perfect for la princesa." Ruby tells at me, while snapping. I rolled my eyes and nodded. Olivia came and sat on the recliner chair and ruby completely loses his focus. "Maybe we can hire professionals to come to your party. These guys aren't all in it. They don't understand." Ruby tells Olivia, she had no expression on her face. I tried holding it together and luckily I was able to. Ruby took a break from planning and preparing. He went into the kitchen with olivia and I just sat there in silence. Monse noticed immediately. "Hey, are you okay?" There was a long pause and a tear escaped. I looked down at my hands and shook my head. "I think I'm just going to go home. I'll let you guys know if I decided to come to the party." They tried stopping me. "You don't have to hide away, yn. Your feelings matter too you know." Jamal says, they all followed me out the door. The tears were rolling now. "I do though. I'm not the one, guys. I'll never be. She's beautiful, she's kind and caring." I wiped my tears. Ruby came out the door. "What's going on? You guys can't leave yet. We have so much more to go over." He looked at all four of us. Cesar broke the silence. "Yn you're done hiding. You'll never get anything out of it. Tell him how you feel, or I will do it for you." Monse looked at Cesar, but Cesar's face stayed serious. Jamal's eyes were huge, he was so shocked.

"Tell who what? What are you guys talking about? Ruby asked, he was more than confused. I stopped dead in my tracks. I cried harder and can't believe Cesar threw me under the bus like that. He was right though. I walked over to Ruby with the tears pouring down my face. "Ruby, I like you. I have had this crush on you for quite some time and only they knew about it." I pointed to Monse, Cesar and Jamal who stood back but listened. "I always kept it to myself and I don't even know why im telling you. It's already so clear you have your mind set on Olivia." I stopped to wipe my tears again and continued. "It's fine, you don't have to say anything. I'm going home and won't be at the quince." I said, I left ruby standing there. He was speechless. Nobody said anything. I went home and immediately turned my phone off. I told my mom that if anybody came over, I didn't want any company.

The boy I love and adore, is in love with somebody else and that was that. There's nothing I could say or do. My heart is broken, but if she makes him happy. Who am I to get in the way?