° mario °

Today was the day I'll be surprising my long term boyfriend, Mario

Today was the day I'll be surprising my long term boyfriend, Mario. We go to different colleges because he chose the one he always dreamed of going to and I decided to go to UCLA. We don't see each other much, but we facetime/call every day. We've been together for about 4 years now and it's been the best 4 years of my life.

When I arrived at Ruby's house, I made sure to text Geny so she knew I was here. I had a gift for mario so I had to make sure I hid that before anything. Geny let me in and hugged me. I hugged ruby and everybody else. About 30 minutes later, the doorbell rang. I went in the kitchen and hid. I saw Mario walk in and before I could get to him, I heard him say he had someone he wanted the family to meet. Monse walked in before he could finish saying anything else. "Did y'all know there's a pregnant white girl outside?" She was confused and everybodys face dropped. My heart sunk and I swear you could hear it break. Geny cleared her throat and remembered that I was in the kitchen. It was so silent. Abuelita looked at me with an apologetic look, but I grabbed Mario's present, and came around the corner with tears streaming down my face. He turned a whole different color when he seen me. I threw his present at him, and ran out the house before he could even say anything. I definitely came here for no reason. I shouldn't have. Ruby, Monse, Jamal and Jasmine all came running after me but I didn't bother stopping. "Yn!!" They called after me. I stopped for a second. "What?" I snapped. They let it go knowing the fact that I was hurt. "Are you okay? I'm so sorry I had no idea about my brother."  Ruby apologized, his face showed how truly sorry he was. I sighed and wiped my tears. "I know, it's not your fault. It's his. Ruben pulled you into a hug and the group all joined in. "You should stay for dinner, yn. We all missed you, my parents missed you and so did the twins. I know it's hard but please just ignore mario. Be here for me." Ruby said, pointing at his sling. He pretty much begged. "Fine, I'll stay but I want to be nowhere near him." They all nodded and we walked back in. Mario's face showed guilt and regret. You sat the table next to Geny. She whispered a "I'm so sorry mija, if I would've known I would've stopped it. Trust me, I'm not happy about this at all and I will be talking to him about it." All I could do is nod.

It was silent at the table until Mario's side chick opened her mouth. "I am so sorry for the  problems I have caused. I never knew about Mario's relationship with yn." She pauses and takes a drink from her 7/11 cup. "Hopefully, we can get along for the sake of the baby. We don't need any baby mama drama" Everyones jaws dropped. Including Mario's. "Okay I think that's enough talking for you." Mario told Amber. "Yn can we please talk?" Mario tried asking me but I ignored him. "She doesn't want to talk to a cheater like you." Ruby said in a very serious and deep tone. "Yeah, no we are done. I'm no longer here for you." I said, beginning to eat.

After the very awkward dinner, it was time to countdown. Ruby gave a little speech and made sure I was okay. I mostly hung out with Monse and Jasmine the whole time. Mario would try talking to me but I wasn't having it. "Can you like not? Stop trying to talk to me, dude. You ruined it. You ruined us. That should be us starting a family. You couldn't wait a little longer? I don't want to hear any excuses you have because that's all you're going to give me. You KNEW what you were doing. Leave me alone for now and for forever. I want nothing to do with you." I turned back to Monse and Jasmine. My words hurt Mario, but that isn't my fault. It really should've been us, but no. I have to watch the man I love become a father, but it wasn't to my child...