Red Lives (Mumbo x Grian) [LAST LIFE]

Characters: Mumbo and Grian
TW: Death n murder lol
Words: 814
Spoilers for Last Life Session Four (Oct. 12th)

Grian and Mumbo laughed as one told the other a joke. This world was a hellscape, and jokes were the best way to pass time in this world. When Mumbo had woken up at spawn for the very first time, with everyone surrounding him, he never would have expected this was the world he would be in.

They sat down, taking a break, and leaned on each other's shoulder. Mumbo touched foreheads with the shorter, causing him to laugh. He responded by kissing the redstoner on the cheek, causing the man to blush and stutter over his words. Grian laughed at the reaction of the enderman hybrid, before closing his eyes and lovingly leaned his head against Mumbo's shoulder again. The taller rested his head on Grian's fluffy, brown hair. He could stay like this forever, but he wished they weren't in this 'game', as Grian called it.

Mumbo didn't bother to ask as a sad look passed over the other's face when he said it.

A couple of minutes later, the two got back to work. Slab after slab, the platform grew. He used the sleeve of the white undershirt of the suit he normally wore and wiped the sweat off his forehead. He stretched, and he locked eyes with the only red name of the server - Joel.

He took a step back, eyes wide, unable to look away from the piecing red and black eyes of the man in front of him, climbing up the ladder of the ghast farm. "Grian- Grian, Joel's here!" Mumbo shouted after a moment, but it was too late.

The bow had been loaded, an arrow aimed and released as it flew into the air, into the shorter hermit's back. Grian let out a cry of pain as the force pushed the red-sweater-wearing man off the edge, Mumbo ran and held out his hand, fingers just brushing too late as he watched Grian plummeted into the bedrock below. His body stayed for a moment before it poofed away leaving all of his items.

Tears formed in Mumbo's eyes, the tears burning his skin as they trailed down his face. He couldn't care less - he could barely even hear Joel's giggling in the background. His vision blurred, unable to look away from the bedrock floor.

He didn't know how long he stayed there, staring down from two hundred blocks up in the air, but eventually, he heard the sound of someone climbing up the ladder. He looked up, and saw red eyes. Red eyes with light brown hair, a sad smile, a red jumper.

"Grian. . ." Mumbo said quietly. He rushed to the other, umbracing him in a hug. The redlifer seemed in shock - he was red, after all. Grian felt tears of his own start to roll down his cheeks, and gripped the white shirt Mumbo wore tighter. The taller sobbed into the shoulder of the red jumper Grian wore.

"Hey - Mumbo, hey, look at me," Grian spoke quietly, and Mumbo did so. Tears burned down the enderman hybrid's face, and Grian gently used the sleeve of his jumper to swip the tears away. "That looks like it's gonna scar. . ."

"I should have protected you, I'm sorry, I should have given you more of a warning about Joel-" Mumbo started before Grian shushed him. They fell into another hug, and Grian held onto this feeling for as long as he could. He knew, within the next couple minutes, he would loose his emotions and attachments. Tears stopped dripping down the parrot hybrid's face as he got an idea. God, it was such a bad idea, but. . .

"Mumbo. . . we can still be together," Grian said, trying to force his voice not to break. The enderman hybrid glanced up to face Grian, confusion on his face as Grian carefully pulled out his pickaxe.

"Wh. . . what do you mean by that? You're red, and I'm yellow, and-" Mumbo stopped, purple and yellow eyes widening. He pushed himself back a block, still on his bottom from hugging Grian. "No- you can't be serious, Grian. I don't-"

A swing of a pickaxe, and the block Mumbo was just on went falling to the floor. The fall was so far down, Mumbo's eyes shot from the block that was just broken and back to Grian. A sad smile was on his face again, tears falling from his face for another time. "We can still be together and happy."

Mumbo continued to back up as another slab was broken, and then another. "Grian, I can't- I quite like being a yellow life! I don't- I don't want to die again-"

There wasn't a floor below him.

Mumbo didn't even realise he was falling for a second. Two hundred blocks was a big distance, way to long as he watched Grian over the edge as he got smaller and smaller.

MumboJumbo fell from a high place.

so hi. haven't posted since like june lol but. uh. yeah. probably wont get more of this so ill leave this book marked as finished but.