A Fathers Lullaby (Wilbur and Phil)

Fandom: Dream SMP
CW: Death, blood

Wilbur goes up to his father, small and timid. Unwilling to disturb his dad's work - who was shining up one of his swords - the boy lightly pulled on the black poncho that Phil was wearing. The man paused, looking to his young son.

"What is it, Wil?" Philza had asked, putting down his sword to the side to look at the other.

"I can't sleep. . ." Wil mumbled, looking down at the ground like he was embarrassed to say it. A small smile formed on the dad's face.

"Oh, it's just sleep trouble? I know an easy fix!" Phil laughed, sitting on the ground and picking his son up and on his lap. "C'mere, give your old man a hug! I got a song for ya!" Wilbur's small frame wrapped his arms around Phil as he spoke. "This is a special tune, son. It's about an imaginary place I call 'L'Manberg'."

Wilbur tucked his face into his father's face as he sang. "It all started on a day like any other. All salmon swum to the sea, when my lover, she darted down the stream, with the heart she'd taken from me." Phil paused, feeling that his son had gone relaxed in his hold, his breath slow and steady. Oh, he's already fallen asleep. . . Philza thought, before standing up with his son in his hold. Welp, time to tuck him in. He took his son into his bedroom with his brother, Techno, and laid him down in his bed, making sure he was nice and comfy while he slept.

A shaky hand reached out to Phil. His blue eyes looked to his son - oh, how proud he was of everything Wilbur had done in his life. "Yes, Wil?" Phil asked quietly when Wilbur's hand gently grasped his poncho.

"Can. . ." The pain in Wilbur's voice was destroying even more of his soul. "Can you sing me the rest of the song. . ? The one you sung to me when I was young." Tears flowed down Philza's face as he gripped his son tightly. He tried his best to ignore the sound of dripping blood on the cold stone ground. "I'm having trouble sleeping."

"Of course, Wil." Tears continued to stain Phiza's face. "And my chest, though it ached, there was hope. A little beacon of light." His voice broke, thick with emotion as his grip on Wilbur tightened as Wil's loosened, his arms dropping to his sides. Phil stayed there, gripping the cooling body of his son, unable to ignore the blood dripping from the sword that he had impaled into his son.

"Though my sunniest days were stolen away, I still had our son by my side."

His Wilbur. His Wilby. He was gone - the founding father of L'Manberg, just to destroy it with TNT before his end.

Philza sobbed into his son, crying like he would come back. He felt the temperature of Wil continue to drop, reminding Phil of the cold hard truth that his son was dead. He had killed him, he had killed his own son-

He screamed out in grief, unmoving from the hollowed-out hole in the wall.

Phil stayed there for hours after the message was sent.

WilburSoot was slain by Ph1LzA.

!! BASED OFF THIS! https://twitter.com/sunaway_/status/1328822030410547200?s=20 !!