Home Alone pt.2

⚠️WARNING:⚠️  Suicide attempt and mentions of self harm

Dom's POV:
My dad was driving me back home to London, I was going to get a train but my dad said he'd like a drive anyway, so we got in the car and left. We reached the final part of the motorway before we reached London. As we drove down, the traffic was frozen. Everyone was outside of their cars, shouting. Dad and I looked at each other, concerned. We both stepped out of the car and walked over to see what was happening. We asked one of the drivers in front of us and they told us someone was about to jump off of the bridge above us. I quickly darted my vision over to the bridge to get a closer look. It was a girl, a similar height and body figure as (Y/n), my girlfriend. As I walked closer, I came to realise that it WAS her! What the fuck was she doing up there?!
"Oh, fuck... shit... (Y/N)!!!" I screamed before running up to the bridge.
"DOM!! FOR FUCK SAKE!!" My dad shouted to me. I ignored him and continued towards the bridge. I scanned around to find the stairs, which didn't take long. My dad was still screaming my name, telling me to go back to him, but I couldn't. I needed to save her, I couldn't lose her.

I reached the top of the stairs to see (Y/n), trembling where she stood.
"(Y/n)? Love?" I said, trying to get her attention. Her head swiftly turned towards me. Her breath audible hitched, noticing I was there.
"Come on, babe, come down from here, please. We can talk about this." I offered. She didn't say a word, she just shook her head. I felt my eyes burn with tears. I shook it off and remained strong. I wasn't giving up on her.
"(Y/n), I need you to come down, it raining, it's cold, you need to come home before you get a cold." (Y/n) focused her vision back in the traffic before speaking.
"A cold doesn't really matter if I'm dead, does it?" My heart sank. I couldn't let her die, not like this.
"Listen, we can discuss what's bothering you. I can help you, (Y/n). Please?" I started to beg, not really knowing what else to say. Again, silence and a head shake. My crying started to worsen. My body fell weak, I felt sick with anxiety. I couldn't lose her, especially not like this. Not on a bridge, on a motorway, in the rain.

"Dom, don't you understand? I can't live like this anymore. Every time you leave to go anywhere for an extended amount of time, I end up this way. I'm sick of it, it won't end." (Y/n) began to sob, leaning her head against the rail.
"I can't do this anymore... this is the only way." She finished.
"It's not... (Y/n), it's not. There's better ways to deal with it. And we can start it by you coming down from here and having a talk." We we're both silent for a moment.

"(Y/n)... I can't live without you... if you go, I go... and that's final." I said, finalising my decision. I wasn't going to be without her again. My life was bad enough before her.
"Dom, you can't just say tha—"
"I can, because I mean it. If you jump, so do I. Life isn't easy for me either, but I have you there to help me. You're my number one priority and I'm not going to lose you here, today." I admitted, putting my foot down. More silence took over our conversation before (Y/n) took a step down from the railing.
"We can talk about this... we can talk about how you're feeling and how we can resolve it. I just need you to come down so I can take you home." I was dying to help her. I watched her every move and stayed ready in case anything was to happen.

(Y/n) slowly walked backwards away from the railing then looked at me. As I looked back at her, I noticed her facial expressions. She was in pain... a lot of pain. She needed help and I was willing to give her that. I held my arms out for a hug, which resolved in (Y/n) bursting into tears and running into my arms. I froze as her body collided with mine. I'd saved her... I did it. I snapped back to reality and hugged her back. We both fell to the floor as we cried harder in each other's embrace.
"Fuck... I almost lost you... I almost lost you, baby..." I repeated, mortified at what had occurred.
"I'm sorry, Dom... I'm so sorry. I just couldn't do it."
"But I'm here now. I'm gonna look after you. I'm going to be right here for you, everyday." I said, kissing the top of her head and hugging her tighter. I heard faint applause above the cars in the other lanes travelling past us. I smiled to myself before picking (Y/n) and myself off the floor.
"Let's go home, darling..." She nodded as we walked down the steps, our hands intertwining at the same time.

As we reached the bottom of the steps, we were greeted with cheers. As I looked around, I locked eyes with my Dad, who stood looking amazed, proud and angry all at the same time. He looked over to (Y/n) and ran towards her. He hugged her probably as tightly as he could.
"Why, sweetheart, why?" My dad has always treated (Y/n) as his own daughter since they met so this must have really hurt him.
"I... I just... have these voices in my head that like to haunt me when I'm alone. I can't cope with them on my own." She admitted. Dad sighed and hugged her once more.
"Well, you're here now, alive, thanks to my son. We'll do whatever we can to help you." (Y/n) giggled half-heartedly into my Dad's chest.
"Thank you, Justin... it's much appreciated, even if it doesn't seem like it. It helps more than you think." Dad smiled down at (Y/n) before she came back to hug me. We took her to the car and warmed her up before we drove off home.

Once we were home, we waved goodbye to Dad.
"You look after her, Dominic, you hear me?" He shouted out of the car window before driving off. I pulled my thumb up to approve his request then we walked back into the house which was pitch black due to how late it was. I turned on the main lights in the house and pretty much escorted (Y/n) to the living room to sit down.
"I'll go and make you a hot water bottle, darling, I can see you dithering." She smiled back at me before I walked into the kitchen. Before I looked for the water bottle, I scanned the room to find blood all over the countertops. I felt ill, again, hoping this didn't mean what I thought it did. I quickly looked for an old piece of cloth to wipe the counters down with water and disinfectant.

Once everywhere was clean, I looked in the cupboards for a hot water bottle, which was underneath the sink. I grabbed it and took off the woollen covering and cap from the top. I then placed it on the counter and grabbed the kettle to fill it up. I turned the hot tap on and filled the kettle with the steaming liquid. I then put the kettle on its metal and flicked the switch. After a few minutes, the water was ready. I took the kettle back into my hand and lifted the water bottle vertically. I poured the hot water into the bottle and twisted the cap back onto it and covering it once again with the woollen cover. I walked back into the living room, slowly, where (Y/n) was sitting with her knees to her chest. I placed the water bottle underneath her arms and kissed her head. Then, I sat next to her and let us sit in silence for a moment so I could think of how to confront her about the kitchen.

"Darling?" I started. (Y/n) mumbled and looked up at me.
"Why... why was there blood all over the counters in the kitchen?" Almost immediately, she dropped her head, as if she was ashamed of herself.
"Hey... I'm not going to get angry, I just want to understand." I comforted her, rubbing her bicep. A few seconds went by and she hadn't said a word. I pulled her into a hug, hoping it would relax her at least slightly, which it did. She sank right into my side and placed her arm over my stomach.
"I... I thought it was going to make me feel better... I was so blinded by the fact it didn't work that I forgot to clean it."
"Oh, sweetheart..." My heart sank listening to her talk like this. She'd be like this every time I'd go somewhere for, say, a week or so, but it's never been as bad as this. This was scarily new.
"I-I'm sorry Dom... I'm sorry..." (Y/n) sobbed once again into my chest.
"Hey, hey, I'm not mad. Just worried. Do you mind if I take a look to see how bad it is?" Her breath hitched again but soon, she approved. She rolled up her sleeves to reveal the devastating cuts on her arm. They went from her wrist up to her elbow. She was relentless. My eyes began to burn again as I stared at the sight of (Y/n)'s crimson stained arm.
"(Y-Y/n)..." All I could choke out was her name. I quickly pulled her back into a hug, holding her as tight as I could.
"I'm here now... I won't leave without you again... I promise." (Y/n) shook her head.
"You can't promise that, Dom."
"I can and I will. If I'm taking a trip, you're coming with me, whether your job likes it or not, they can speak to me about it if they have a problem."

"I love you, Dom."
"I love you too, (Y/n). Just promise me something." She nodded.
"Promise me you won't do it again."
"I can promise to try... I'll try my hardest for you." She replied. That was enough for me.
"Trying is good. At least I know you'll try..."