All Might POV

He has a small idea of how much time had passed since he had seen the Midoriya family. The young mother and her son who had made him feel like part of their home in such a short period of time.

He had no idea what was about to happen during the big fight that occurred. But he rested a bit easier at nights in the hospital when All for One was finally gone. After years of dealing with the loss of his mentor, he had finally vanquished the evil man who took her from the world.

Along with his Pokémon, he had defeated him once and for all. He took the brunt of the attacks, but All for One didn't let up on his friends that fought bravely at his side. Thankfully, they were all healed by Nurse Joy and brought back in their balls to his hospital room after his surgery.

But after fighting with the major evil in his life, he was left with a major injury that impacted his life in a way that he didn't know would happen. The injury that All for One caused would force him into an early retirement or an earlier death.

He blew up at Sir Nighteye when his friend and sidekick demanded that he rest and not go out again. He regretted some of the words that he threw back at his friend in the argument they had in the hospital hallway.

He had miles of thoughts piling up as he tried to heal as fast as he could to get back to being a hero

All Might thought, 'I need to heal so I could continue being the Symbol of Peace. I'm so tired. Maybe I should find a successor like Sire Nighteye suggested. I'm being silly. Now that All for One is gone, what happens now? Can I sneak some real food into my room so I can avoid the hospital food?'

But one singular thought penetrated through all the others to invade his mind.

'Were they worried about him?'

He regularly thought since he got into the battle with All for One that left him and his Pokémon hurt. About how they were doing. If they were worried about him. If Izuku had gotten any new friends in the time he has been away. He started to think about them like one would think about...

About their own family.

That thought had sobered him from the rest of the worries about not being able to save as many people with his restricting injury and about being a hero.

He had finally started to think about something other than being a hero, a symbol. He started to reflect on what he wanted as as person that he never allowed himself to have before. A family.

Since All for One was gone, he no longer had to worry about him coming after his family like he had done once with his mentor. Maybe he could finally relax and slow down at least until he was healed fully. And during that time of relaxation, he would be with the ones he cared for.

*

After plenty of weeks of utter silence from his end, his Pokémon were the ones who finally pushed him to reach out to them. Lucario was practically pushing him up to the door when he had finally arrived at the Midoriya home.

Toshinori gulped as he knocked on the door in his All Might form. He waited patiently at the door with Lucario at his side.

Inko opened the door with an apron tied around her waist like she was in the middle of cleaning, "All Might! Oh my goodness, where have you been?"

All Might smiled weakly at her which made Lucario nudge him forward towards the single mother.

"We have been so worried— You're injured!?" Inko 's eyes widened at the sight of bandages peeking out from his shirt.

All Might winced a little when her hand landed on his injury, "I am sorry that I haven't reached you earlier. I wished I did."

"What happened? I can see the bandages under your shirt," Inko questioned as All Might softly grabbed her hand from where she retracted her touch from his injury.