Diana and Charlotte!

Izuku looked amazed with his sparkly green pen floating above the paper in his notebook. "Shiny Pokémon?!"

"Yes." Professor Touma laughed. "You recently came in contact with a green Kauna you said?" Izuku nodded. "Kakuna usually come in a more golden brown, but this one was a different color. Meaning they are set apart from the others, slightly different with their colors."

"Oh, wow," Izuku mumbled writing down notes.

"Yes, it is quite rare to see, so I was very surprised when you told me you came in contact and adopted one into your friends. Now, there is a special name for these types of Pokémon that come slightly different from the rest. These Pokémon are called Shiny because they have a different color than what is typical for their species. It makes them really stand out from the rest, so it is quite remarkable that you found one. " Touma added, nodding his head toward the Mataha hanging upside down from a tree in the calm presence of a tired Dagato.

"Oh my god, that is so cool! That makes them more unique than the others." Izuku whispered to himself, his eyes sparkling in wonder.

"Yes, but sometimes trainers think that just because they are a different color, it makes then better. But the color doesn't make the Pokémon stronger or better than the rest." Touma stated, circling the picture of the green Kakuna on his mobile device.

As Touma began to go over the different Shiny Pokémon, Izuku noticed the pink color of a Shiny Buneary. He tilted his head in confusion. 'Wasn't the buneary at the shelter that color?' He thought, making a note to visit the shelter again. Until then, he is going to hang out here and help out the professor.

*

Izuku had time to visit the shelter after school the next day. He traveled the short journey with Sakura and Kyu accompanying him on the train. Anubis sat right by him on the seat looking out the window. Koi stayed behind to learn some tricks with Amaura in the guest bathroom's tub. Dagoto just napped with Mataha on the bookshelf. Zarius, Lili, and Makaria was in the middle of a game with Morticia so they skipped out.

Izuku walked in with a set goal in mind with Sakura skipping behind him and Kyu on his shoulder.

Anubis strolled in and welcomed Kiku, "Good morning."

"It's the afternoon." Izuku whispered while Kiku looked very shocked.

"Oh. Right. Good afternoon." Anubis corrected himself from the light suggestion from his friend.

Izuku watched from the window the buneary and Steenee dancing near the pond that Surskit played. He looked at Buneary's pink coat of fluff.

"Ms. Kiku?"

"Yes, Izuku?"

"I learned about shiny Pokémon recently."

"Oh really? That's so neat!"

"Why do they look sad?"

"Oh," Kiku began, "Apparently their original shared trainer came back. But the person didn't come back to apologize to them, they just tried to lead them away back with them. Buneary got upset when they tried to grab Steenee and attacked him with a kick to his face. He got very upset when I refused to let him go anywhere with them, and I banned them from ever coming back here. They don't deserve another chance with the Pokémon that they threw away so carelessly."

"Are they both Okay now?"

"Yes, they just need to relax their minds from the recent encounter, it caused Buneary to try to actually fight the trainer when they heard he wanted to take them away from Steenee. They are both calmer now, you can go and see them."