Lili!

Another day at his apprentice job on site.

Litten watched him from behind a pile of coals as Izuku treated every Pokémon he saw with respect. She remembered that Izuku noticed her the first day, even though she was the runt of the litter. Nobody really paid attention to her, but he did. He makes sure she eats her food and plays each day he is there.

He was so... awesome!

Izuku made a note of Snivy's eating habits, and turns out she is really picky with her own food. She always wanted it a specific way, so he made sure that she was happy. As Izuku made sure that Snivy had no green parts in her food, he once again felt a pair of eyes on him. Turning to look into the grass Pokémon side, he saw no form of the shy Ralf's. Frowning, he turned to the fire Pokémon to see a Litten staring right at him.

"Huh." He started before he shrugged and continued making sure everything was to Snivy's liking. Pidgey tweeted next to him while pacing back and forth.

*

Izuku walked home from the site with Kyu on his shoulder and Koi in his little water wagon. Makaria walked right next to him while Anubis kept up with his stride.

He smiled as he walked with his friend. Another amazing day at the site, his apprentice job was really working out for him. He had so much fun playing with the different types of Pokémon. He learned about each one with Professor Touma and he cared about each one.

But he wondered why Litten was watching him today.

Just then, he saw a tail swish behind a dumpster. What was that and what was it doing outside of his house? Frowning, he went to check it out, but Makaria stepped in front of him to protect him.

"Don't worry, I'll be fine. I'm sure it is a just a Pokémon in need of some kind of help." He assured her, but it didn't do well to vanish her worries, nevertheless she backed off. He smiled and thanked her before turning his head down the alley to see who that tail belonged to.

He didn't need to search very far to find the dusk form of Lycanroc lying in front of a large dumpster, trying to get into a half eaten bowl of food.

"Oh no." He started, gaining the guarded attention of the Lycanroc. "You must be very hungry. But I wouldn't try that food if I was you. The lady who makes it doesn't really... clean.."

Lycanroc gazed at him before pushing away the potentially gross food. "Um, thanks for listening. You can come with me if you like, and I will get you some good food from my home. Trust me, my mom is awesome in the cooking department. She is the best, you would like her."

Lycanroc raised his brow at the excited sounding young boy, he turned his eyes to see the Pokémon standing next to the boy. The young Houndor was giving him a warning glare while Riolu looked mildly impatient at his slow response. A Mimikyu was jumping off the young boy's shoulder to get a closer look at him while a Magikarp splashed to get a better view.

Lycanroc listened to the words that Mimikyu had relayed to him with a contemplative look on his serious face. With her astounding praise of how well the young one treat Pokémon, he finally decided to follow up on the boy's promise. As long as he gets food, it has been a while since he has eaten a good meal.

His old trainer died which left him to wander around the streets. It has been so long since he has actually been in the comfort of a home. So many nights spent under cardboard boxes to get out of the pouring rain. So many days scavenging for food out of trash bins with different wild Pokémon.

He followed the young one up the stairs until they hit a door with a Florges watching from the door.

"Hey, Flora! Is mom home?" Izuku greeted the Florges, who responded with a gentle nod. "Great! Is there enough food for another guest? He is really hungry."