A Step in the Right Direction

All Might had known that Izuku would become his successor for a long time. He never knew just how long it was. But it wasn't until his twelfth birthday when it finally clicked that he should begin with his training to take on One for All.

And the only thing that made him hesitant was his mother, the woman he was currently seeing.

Which brings him to where he is now with Lucario was currently burning a hole into him with his front gaze as he paced back and forth.

"Is it too soon to ask?" Toshinori turned sharply on his heel as he paced.
What happens if she says no, would it make everything awkward?"

Lucario sighed, gesturing at him as he paced. Toshinori groaned, "I can't wait any longer or else the training will be too rushed. But what if she is too worried?"

With Lucario wordlessly gesturing at him and more pacing, he had finally come to a conclusion. He would calmly go to her when Izuku was at school to ask permission because if the answer was no, Izuku would be disappointed in some way, shape, or form.

So the official plan was for him to grab takeout food, go to the house and ask permission after they ate.

That was the official plan until he was walking down the street and a villain came crashing into a building's window. So his plan was derailed by a few minutes since the public needed All Might's help taking down the villain as quickly as he could with Throh and Sawk.

But after his quick deed, he escaped to the takeout place that he knew could follow his diet restrictions. It was quickly becoming his favorite takeout place to eat with her.

Without any more villain attacks nearby, he made his way quickly to Inko's house with the takeout bags in hand. Not too long after, he was breathing hard as he knocked on the door of the house.

He turned his head to see Izuku's Meganium and Ampharous playing in the yard with Lopunny and Tsareena nearby.

Inko opened the door after a moment like she was checking to make sure it was him. She opened the door with a welcoming smile, "Toshinori. Hi, what brings... Oh! You brought lunch."

"For both of us," Toshinori clarified, holding up the bag with a grin. Inko opened the door further to let him inside. His grin paused when he saw the unnerving eyes of Izuku's new friend Marshadow staring at him from Izuku's doorway.

He walked inside, closing the door softly behind him as Pokémon ran free around them. Toshinori followed Inko into the kitchen to place their hot food and noodles into separate bowls and plates so they could eat without fear of the containers becoming too soggy or breaking...like last time.

"What brought you here with the takeout anyway?" Inko asked before slurping up the noodles from her bowl "A special occasion that I should know about?"

"No, no," Toshinori cleared his throat, suddenly wishing he had Lucario out of his pokeball to provide some silent support. "I wanted to ask you something.

Suddenly, he felt Bewear and Stuful's eyes snap towards him as Inko seemed to choke on her drink.

Inko coughed before replying, "Uhh—What?"

"I wanted to ask your permission for something regarding Izuku," Toshinori said as Inko breathed out. "I thought it would be necessary to ask you first before offering it to him.

Inko raised her eyebrow, and he couldn't help but feel Bewear's eyes were still staring into him. "What exactly are you asking permission to offer?

"...remember what I told you about my power, One for All, and how it was given to me,"