Chapter 17: Lost

3RD PERSON'S POV

"Y/N? Darling, you're soaking wet. Let me get you a towel first." The older L/N stated in worry as she led her daughter inside who came home dripping wet from the rain. She hurriedly went back inside to get a towel while Y/N remained unmoved with her head hanging low and a shadow casted on her face expression.

Not too long her mother came back with a few towels in her hand and quickly placed the other around her shoulders and the other on top of her head to dry up her damped hair.

"Did you not bring your umbrella with you again? You'll get sick if you continue being like thi—Y/N??" She noticed the tears that managed to escape her daughter's eyes and she can't help but feel the stinging sensation in her chest, seeing as it felt like the first time to witness her daughter let out a tear after they moved out of their homeland and to Japan.

"I'm fine, Ma." She whispered and took hold of the towel to dry herself, not really paying attention anymore to her surroundings even her own mother's worries. "I'll go dry up." She said before she made her way inside their home and went straight to the bathroom to dry herself up.

The older L/N could only watch her daughter walk, looking at the ground and seemed so lost. She knows something is up with her again. But it hurts her to see her daughter act like this. She's been different ever since they left... ever since they lost someone in their family. The old cheerful Y/N was no longer visible in her. And as much as she hated to admit it, she's aware that Y/N has shut herself up from them.

At nights, she can hear her cry in her sleep. And it pains a mother to see her child suffering alone and won't even bother to ask for help.

Knowing that she won't be able to do anything about it for now as Y/N would only tell her the same line. "I'm fine." All she can do is hope that she'll be fine in a short period of time. So like what she usually do, she made her some of her favorite snacks to lighten up her mood which never failed before. When Y/N was done taking a shower and drying up, she flopped herself on her bed, reflecting on what happened earlier with the raven haired man when a knock on her bedroom door was heard.

"Honey, I brought you some snacks." Hearing her mother's voice on the other side of the door and not really having the heart to decline her hospitality, she wiped her tear stained cheeks and opened the door, plastering a smile on her face as she accept the food with a small 'thanks'. "Don't overwork yourself, Gin can take care of things in the company if your schedule's all pressed up." Her mother had no idea what's been running inside her daughter's head for long now because she never tried to open up once. But she's still hoping that maybe the time would come that she'll finally lean on her own mother, knowing she's there too to lend her a shoulder.

"Alright, thank you."

A few moments later after her mother left her front door, another knock echoed in her room and this time, she heard the voice of her older brother.

"Y/N? I'm coming in." He spot Y/N sitting on her chair in fromt of her desk as she typed on her laptop but somehow can't see any focus on her eyes as she look emotionlessly at the screen. Often, she would scold him for just entering without waiting for her approval but this time, Y/N kept silent while working and he was sure that his sister's not in her self by now. "Hey, what's wrong?" He started, hoping he'll be able to get an answer from her as he's also worried at their mother for worrying over her.

"Just stressed out. There's so much work to catch up on." Y/N shrugged, trying to dismiss the thought of opening up to her brother as she hadn't done that yet. And she's not looking for someone to accompany her in this moment. She just wanted to take her mind off of the boy she talked with earlier at school.

"You never complain when your schedule's full. Something bothering you?" He tried again but the girl once again gave him a bland answer making him let out a deep sigh, getting tired of this never ending cycle of theirs.

"Nothing worth mentioning."

"Y/N... I know you're more comfortable with sharing your problems with papa and grandpa but you know you can lean on us too, right?" Gin decided to bring up the topic about their father and grandfather, knowing her changing started with them. "They've been gone for years now and you've been caging yourself from anyone even from us—your own family."

On her 18th birthday, their father and grandparent were supposed to visit them in the Philippines to attend her debut celebration. However, tragedy happened and the plane they went on crashed with no survivors found. Y/N was the one closest to the two so it had the greatest impact on her among them. She was robbed out of her happiness on her supposed to be special day. It even became the reason for her to take on such heavy responsibility on her shoulders by taking over the company at an early age.

And now it's been years and yet the scars that the past left on her was clearly visible in the flesh. She was no longer as lively as before. And would not even dare to share others what happened in her day like she used to do so before. She no longer smiles as wide as she did when she was younger. That old comfort Y/N was now quickly replaced by someone who's having a hard time to see others and would tend to bear the responsibility alone.

"We're here too. We can listen to you rant all day. We can always lend a shoulder for you to lean on. Just don't keep everything to yourself." Gin placed a hand on his younger sister's head as he watch her stare at her screen wide eyed and tears starting to form on the sides of her eyes. "It hurts us, too."

Y/N knew. She knew that it wasn't only her who's suffered feom the lost. So she wanted to keep it to herself, not really wanting to cause them anymore of the burden. For someone who inherited what her father desired for her, she felt responsible not only just in their family's company but also in keeping their family sane by showing them she's strong. But she knows they're aware of it. And she didn't know it was hurting them. This caused tears to escape from her eyes as she look down on her lap.

"I'm sorry..." her brother soothed her hair as she sobbed. "I'm just—I'm just really having a bad day." She paused and thought of her brother's words.

'A shoulder to lean on?'

"A few days back, I met with Shinichiro..." she started, deciding to tell him what's been bothering her, feeling as if she can't bottle it up anymore in her. Althroughout her explanation, Gin listened to her attentively, nodding his head from time to time indicating he's all ears until she was done telling him about what happened and even the event earlier at the rooftop.

"You still love him, don't you?" Gin gave his sister a concerned look, realizing his sister is trying to bear another burden for two just like what happened before.

"That's a really cheesy thing to say." She sniffed.

Seeing her look so fragile at the moment made Gin gulp down his pride. He hated Shinichiro for hurting her and for not trusting her in the past. But he knows fully well that it's him who can give her that same happiness again like before. Because after everything, he can still see the glint in her eyes when it's Shinichiro they're mentioning. He can tell that she's still into him... even when pain is also visible in it.

"But why not try again? I mean it wasn't your fault in the first place. You never cheated on him. It was that Kian's fault for forcing you to like him when you're already dating his so called bestfriend." Gin tightened his fists in irritation, remembering what had happened in the past. "And Shinichiro, he already showed you that he wanted you back. Isn't that enough reason for you to try your happiness with him again?"

The girl was silent for a few seconds. Seconds that turned into a minute and soon an exasperated sigh escaped her lips.

"I really do want to. That's what I've been hoping for ever since we left the country." She trailed off and looked down on her hands placed on top of her lap with her eyes starting to warm up once again.

"But right now, I can't."