Epilogue (Finale)

With a tight grip on the bag and the paper in his hands, the black haired guy ran across the halls in search for a certain someone and ignoring the squeals of fear from the other people within the place that heard his rush footsteps. He can feel his heart beating faster and faster in excitement of seeing that person. It's as if he's being pulled to a particular direction and unconsciously, his feet led him to a room he's all too familiar with. Huffing and breathing in for air, there he stood in front of the open door, revealing a girl inside the room holding a photo on her left hand and on her right hand, the letter that he kept on top of the altar for quite some time now, thinking it's a letter coming from his ancestor many years ago.

Both hands trembling as she finished reading the letter. Her eyes filled with tears for some reason she can't point out. It's as if every emotion that the writer of the letter was passed down to her in a second. The same went with the guy who stood stunned at the sight of the familiar figure in front of him. The girl who looked exactly like the one in the photo who he believed was the lover of the one who he's named after and he can't believe his eyes for seeing the same person who's supposed to exist way back before he started to breath.

Slowly, her head turned to his direction. As the moon shone behind him, causing his features to be covered in shadows, she was still able to recognize the person. Her eyes trailed down to his hands that carried her stuff with the letter she found in a long time in her old home that she's kept up to this day as it gave her a different feeling. Finally when her eyes met his, she saw them glimmer.

Both are stunned at the sight of each other who they knew only in their dreams. But what caused them to be baffled were the letters they held in their hands as they stare at each other, processing everything in their minds.

The man named Shinichiro was the first one to take a step forward to her trembling figure. With hearts beating wildly against their chest, they know all too well this familiar feeling was what they felt when they were both caged in their so called dreams. She opened her mouth to say something only to end up shutting them in an instant, failing to find her voice to come out as the guy reached out to touch her tear stained cheek, caressing it as if she's the most fragile being to ever exist.

Both are aware of the events that happened in their sleep. And the old letters they hold tonight held the proof for their little theory with each other. Feeling tears warm up his eyes, he choked out, dropping the bag on the ground with a thud.

"A-Are you... N/N?"

"Nichi..."

Like two people separated from each other for the longest time, the two didn't mind of anything anymore as they made their way towards each other, engulfing the other within their arms. As if she's known the guy for long, Y/N sobbed against his chest, tightening her arms around his frame with pure longing feeling taking over her while he did the same, letting out his tears as he bury his face against her neck.

They knew the moment they laid their eyes on each other. This time it wasn't another innocent nor a pretend encounter that the two saw in their dream.

Is it even possible to remember your past life with someone?

There was no need for the two to know everything. It's because their hearts already told them the truth from the beginning of their other half. It was enough for them to know they were no normal strangers anymore. And it led them to this situation.

With a shaky breath, they finally let out the words they felt was right to say at this moment as flashes of oddly familiar memories filled their minds.

"We finally found each other."

And what proved them of their thoughts were their hearts.

It's because their heart can tell the truth about the person it belongs to.

A/N:
This was originally planned to end when they died together but I prefer this one better because I wanted to give Shinichiro a happy ending BECAUSE he deserved one!

Aaaanddd it's finally donee! I hope you guys enjoyed reading this book because I was really having fun writing this one more than the others I'm currently writing. Thank you so much for reading this to the end and may you all have the happiest ending!

Song: Betelgeuse - Yuuri