Chapter 45: Hold You In My Arms

3RD PERSON'S POV

Without even having to think twice, the girl ran to the raven haired man in pure desperation to save him followed by the gunshots coming from Saito's gun.

Shinichiro stared at the girl in front of him in pure terror whose body seemed to be slowly falling towards him. Before he could even react, her body landed on him causing them to stumble backwards and his back had hit the wall as he secured the girl's body against him, he slid down to the ground slowly. The girl had her body sideways as she eventually threw herself to the guy before a bullet could reach him. Shinichiro loosened his grip on her body, feeling blood cover his hand whole.

"N/N?" He called and the H/C haired girl opened her eyes slowly to see him finally close to her. She smiled through her bloodied lips as she coughed blood once again. She leaned her head on his shoulder, suddenly wanting to rest.

"Y-Y/N..." he called out once more, this time with a louder voice. When he noticed her eyes were half closed, he started to panic as what happened was finally fully registered in his mind. "No no no no." He tapped her cheek with shivering blood-stained hand to keep her awake. He can't feel anything physical for some reason. He felt numb and cold seeing his lover in this state. He was scared for her life. "N/N, don't close your eyes. darling, I'm here. Please open them." His voice started to tremble as he shook her body lightly.

He didn't even realize that his own tears had already started to sting the wounds on his face.

"Nichi..." the girl whispered. "Did he hit you?" The male froze at her question. The moment the gunshots were heard, all Y/N could think was if she managed to jump in time. Did she reach him in time? Was she able to protect him this time? Was she successful on keeping her promise to herself to protect the ones she love? Never did she thought if her own life was at stake and it broke Shinichiro's heart, knowing she's just as stubborn as always. Sobbing, he replied with a nod, not really wanting to disappoint the girl to which she smiled in relief. "I'm glad. I managed to protect you.. like I promised."

"Tch! Stay with me, N/N. Stay with me." He tried to cover her wounds to stop the bleeding but it wasn't enough and it only worsens how he can see her wincing in pain.

"Y/N..." Right in front of them, Saito stood with shaking hands and a ghost expression on his face as he stare at the couple who are struggling to fight for the other's life. "This is all your fault." Feeling scared and not being able to cope up with the situation, he started to put the blame on the person whom he targeted ever since before. "This is all your fault." He raised his gun and point it at the male but Shinichiro paid no attention to him as he kept his eyes on the girl, alone. "You need to die, too. You're the one who's supposed to die. Not her."

"N/N, stay with me." He kept whispering to her, trying to keep her awake and not give in to the thought of giving up her life at this moment.

All he could think of was her. He wanted her to live. He wanted to live with her. He wanted to marry and have kids with her. That dream cannot end right here and now. There's still so much more to them. And he doesn't want to give up on all of them. And he knows all too well that the girl feels the same. So they're in this together and they'll fight it together.

Saito on the other hand had already cocked the gun and was about to shoot when suddenly a figure behind him appeared. Without a second thought, Kazutora swung the wrench right on his head, causing him to lose consciousness in an instant and drop to the ground. Still in a hyperventilating condition, Kazutora faced the couple with Shinichiro watching him with wide eyes.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for what I did." He sobbed in a low tone and kneeled on the floor, already feeling the fear creep onto him of what exactly happened earlier. He was more than relieved to see that Shinichiro is still breathing. "B-Baji already called for help. The ambulance will be here..." The dark haired man smiled at him weakly before whispering in a weak and almost voiceless manner.