Chapter 24: Uneasiness

YOUR POV

The sky already turned dark outside when I got out of the convenience store. With plastic bags on my right hand, I walk down the road towards the Sano's residence when suddenly a voice called out making me turn around. There, on my right side stood a guy with a messy light hair whose eyes were droopy that made him look bored of his surroundings.

"Oh? Aren't you that girl from Higanbana?"

"Do I know you?" This guy for some reason I can't point out looks quite familiar to me. He shrugged his shoulders as a reply causing me to raise a brow.

"I'm Wakasa from Black Dragon."

"Oh sorry. I don't really know the members of other gangs." So that's why he looks familiar. Now that I think of it, I feel like I saw him back at the fight between Higanbana and Kuro Tenshi alongside Black Dragon.

Not feeling any interest of continuing the conversation, I started walking again with a wave at him, telling him that I'll go ahead. However the more I took steps further, I can still sense his presence behind me. I didn't pay attention to it until I felt chills run down my spine and I quickly snap my eyes to the direction where I felt the gaze is coming from only to find no one.

That's weird. I was sure I saw a silhouette when I passed that corner.

I saw Wakasa also stopped with his hands inside his jacket's pockets and turned to look at the corner I stared at. He can't be the one who gave me chills. He doesn't really look like the type of guy who has bad intentions. Besides, he's Shinichiro's friend.

"Are you following me?" I acted as if I did not just react weirdly with him around. I may have looked weird when I suddenly just turned my head to elsewhere in an aggressive manner.

"Pretty much, yeah." He shrugged again, making me frown in response. Does this guy know what explanation means?

"Is there something wrong?" I specified and finally he nod his head as he point at the bags on my hand by pouting his lips slightly to its direction.

"Those."

"What's with these?" I asked, raising the bags and noticed the little plastic bag had the logo of the pharmacy I went to buy in for some medicine and a thermometer.

"What's with those? You're the one buying it. Are you sick or what?" I feel like punching this guy for some reason. He doesn't just look bored, he even acts like it and it's really rubbing on me that I'm starting to get bored talking to him as well.

"How does that concern you?"

"To me, it doesn't but Shinichiro, yes." I raised my brow and tilted my head to the side in confusion. Does he know about me and Shinichiro? But why is he here with me then? Did Shin—

"He didn't send me. It's just pretty obvious that you two have something going on." My face showed amusement the moment he answered the question in my mind. So, he still knows how to explain things. But what could be the reason that he's following me? "Don't worry, I'm not here to tell you to get away from him. Just don't cause problems with him and the gang and we're good." I tighten my grip on the bags and avoided his intimidating gaze.

"I don't plan to." I stayed silent as I started to think about the things that could cause us problems especially the ones related to the gangs. I still don't know what to do about it. Tomoe and the others probably only stopped beating me when I passed out. I don't know what they plan afterwards since I never agreed to Danzai's words.

"That's for him, isn't it?" I snapped out my trance and blinked as Wakasa's words processed in my mind one by one.

"How'd you know?" I frowned. Is he a mind reader or something?

"He's sick so he had Takeomi watch his shop for him." As soon as he said so, I nod my head slowly, aware of Shinichiro's condition. Wakasa then asked me again when I remained silent. "So, how did you know? I'm sure he didn't tell you that to avoid you worrying." He's right. Shinichiro wouldn't bother telling me if he's sick because he's always worried about worrying other people. No matter how many times I scold him for it, he still wouldn't budge on that habit of his..

"Shinichiro's immunity isn't at its best and when we were younger he would often get sick when getting soaked in the rain. And we pretty much got stranded in the middle of rain last night so I kinda saw it coming by now."

"So, you're really that girl huh?" My brows shot up when he smiled at me. He doesn't really give off the vibe who will smile sweetly but it somehow felt genuine when he did so.

"That who?"

"Shinichiro told us about you before. Though he looked heartbroken at that time. I take it that you guys had a conflict, eh."

"Y-Yeah." I look down, not wanting to tell anything about it.

"I'll help you carry the stuff." Without waiting for my approval, he grabbed the plastic bags from me and started walking to the direction I'm heading.

"Thank you."

The whole walk was silent as Wakasa didn't bother to ask questions about me and Shinichiro anymore. It wasn't awkward at all but something just kept stirring in me the whole time. Wakasa for sure already noticed my uneasiness as he kept a good distance between us but it didn't help at all.

"Is something wrong?" I flinched when I heard his deep voice as he walked closer to me. Roaming my eyes one more time still I failed to see anything suspicious and I released a defeated sigh.

"No."

"Thank you for helping me, Wakasa." I bowed and took the bags from him as we stopped right in front of the Sano's gate. He nodded his head.

"No problem, take care of Shinichiro for me." He waved and inserted his other hand inside the pocket of his jacket as I watch his figure disappear from a distance.

Before that same uneasy feeling creep onto me again, a high toned voice called out to me from behind.

"Y/N-nee!"

"Hey, Emma. Is Shinichiro there?" I smiled at the little girl who welcomed me with a hug when another voice answered my question.

"He's in his room. He doesn't wanna come out because he's got a fever." I look up to see Mikey with two more boys beside him. One with a tousled black hair and the tallest among them who had both sides of his head shaved and a dragon tattoo on the left side. He definitely looks like someone who can throw punches. I greeted them with a wave.

"Will it be alright for me to visit him?"

We made our way towards Shinichiro's room as the new kids introduce themselves to me. They are quite the energetic kids. Even Mikey laughs together with them. It warms my heart to see them so young and happy as we converse with each other.

We finally reached the door to Shinichiro's room with them still behind me as if they wanted to check up on him as well.

"Nichi, it's me." I heard some snickers behind me and I turn to see Draken and Baji stiffling their laughter at the nickname. However, there was no answer from inside the room. "I'm coming in, okay?"

Sliding the door open to the side, I peek inside the room only to find a certain black haired boy engulfed in the sheets that covered up to half of his face with his eyes closed in deep sleep.

"He's asleep." I walked up to his bed and placed the back of my hand against his forehead to check his temperature and dear Lord, he's really hot... like literally. Sighing, I look up to the kids who stood watching me with curiosity and I chuckled at them.

"Say, do you guys want to help me take care of him?"

A/N:
Be loyal to Shin in this story, let's ignore Waka's charms for now😔