Chapter 40: Unsettling Feeling

YOUR POV

It's already dark and getting late but Shinichiro is still kneeling beside that bike since earlier, saying it needs some fixing to make sure it's safe for a certain someone. I sighed as I pass him another tool that he asked for me to give him.

"Thank you." He said as I crouch down beside him, eyeing the way he's working.

"Are you really fine with running this shop alone, Nichi?" I started. I noticed it's only him in the shop and though, he calls Takeomi to take over sometimes, he's still the one who runs the shop without extra help from other people. Is he not even getting tired of doing it alone?

"We can run it together if you want." I giggled at his reply and shook my head.

"I'll have to learn a lot about bikes then." I said, accepting the tool he returned to me.

"Do you think Mikey will like my gift for him for his birthday?" There it is again. He just really can't stay put since earlier because of this bike that he's giving to Mikey as a gift. I've been telling him earlier that everything will be fine but he seemed to be so excited of giving it to him in all perfection and I can't help but chuckle.

"I'd say he'll most likely be ecstatic."

"I can't wait to give it to him. He's been wanting this model." He smiled and I did too. He cares so much for his siblings. To give him his favorite kept model in his shop was something I'll never get tired of admiring. Truly, no material exceeds Nichi's care for others.

"Why don't we make a surprise celebration?" I know he's been wanting to give them the best birthday he could manage. But with the absence of their parents, it's been hard for him as well to maintain their status.

"I think my budget will fit that. Yeah, we can do that." He looked up as if calculating something in his head to which I quickly reply.

"Let me take care of the expenses. You'll already lose much with the gift you're giving him." I really don't mind spending money anymore. We managed to save our business even without my father and I'm thankful I gripped onto it tightly throughout the years.

"But I can't let you do that." He quickly shook his head with his brows furrowed.

"Of course, you can. Let me do it, Nichi. It's been so long since the time I celebrated birthday with them." I said, not giving him room to reply as I continue. "Then we can bring Izana to the celebration too. That way, he'll be able to meet them." His face brightened at the mention of Izana coming, knowing that kid is important to him as well. But suddenly, the thought of that dark haired kid came into my mind and I quickly snapped my fingers. "Oh and also Kakucho. I love that kid." I should probably tell my mother about them, too and maybe she'll think of maybe welcoming them to the family.

"You're right. That'll be perfect." I snapped out of my thoughts and turn to see him smiling widely at me. I chuckled before taking the tools in his hands and placing it in the container.

"See? Let's start planning tomorrow. So for now..." Pulling his arm up, he stood up at my desperate action as I place the container to the shelf. Without saying another word, I pulled him into the resting room and pushed him by his shoulder to sit on the couch. "Rest up, okay?" I grabbed the water bottle and handed it to him as I sat on the chair in front of the desk. "That bike won't disappear and we still have a few days before Mikey's birthday so relax."

I leaned my head on the chair as I look up the ceiling when he suddenly asked.

"Do you want to go home? I can still drop you off. Sorry, I didn't notice the time." He's now looking at the wall clock with a worried look on his face and I quickly shake my head, no.

"I'm staying here. Though I'll have to leave early in the morning because I still have a class and it's been two straight absences since Akio's incident." My eyes widened when I remember that I haven't visited Akio the whole day. Shit. Would Yumi be alright?

"Don't worry. We'll visit Akio tomorrow after your class. His parents came after I left so they must be taking care of him by now." He reassured me and I heaved a sigh of relief.

"That's good to hear then."

Just as soon as I felt myself relieved, I felt the insides of my stomach stir in an odd and uneasy manner. And once again, the unsettling feeling that I'm having since we came back to the shop returned. I felt so sick all of a sudden and I can't even tell why. It wasn't the same restlessness as I've felt that time I got beaten up. Rather, it's the same as the one I felt on my 18th birthday and I can't help but shift uncomfortably in my seat, feeling my heart palpitate in overthinking things.

"I feel so stressed out for some reason." I covered my eyes using my arm and just gave into the darkness with my eyes closed.

"You do?" I heard him ask and I nod my head.

"I don't know why."

"Is your period coming?" He chuckled and I paused to think, hoping it's just because of my period.

"I don't know. Maybe? It doesn't really follow a certain schedule. But I don't usually get this kind of reaction." I've always been so stressed out that I got a messed up period schedule by now. But to feel this pressure is so heavy in my chest.

"Come." Peeking behind my arm, I saw Nichi spreading his arms for me and without thinking twice, I slumped myself in his embrace and he started rocking my body slowly from side to side, trying to calm me like a baby.

"Did I tire you out too much today?" He brushed a few strands of my hair away from my face and I can now clearly see his smile.

"No, that's not it. It's not your fault." I burried my face on his neck, inhaling his scent against the small chain dangling around his neck. "Can you sing me a song? It calms me." I felt him stiffen against me at that and I pulled back to see the look of surprise on his face making me raise a brow. "What? You're not actually that dumb to not realize I can hear you humming when I fall asleep with you, are you?" He laughed at my words and leaned on the couch making me smile to hear his hearty laugh.

"I love hearing your voice that I'm starting to wish you will hum me to sleep every night." I heard him giggle before he started humming a song causing me to close my eyes calmly and his finger continued to trace random patterns on my arm.

"I enjoyed today, Nichi. Thank you." I whispered, feeling him squeeze my frame slightly. "Let's do it again sometime but with everyone." It might be too much to ask but it would be the best to ever happen in my life if one day they're with us. If possible on the day we get married.

"Let us." And with a soft kiss from him, I felt my consciousness slip away from me.