Chapter 42: Saito

YOUR POV

"Let me go!" My eyes snapped in an instant to the side and I saw Keisuke being pulled away from me as he and his friend were being tightly restrained by random men that entered the place which I assume is Saito's men. A few more showed up, surrounding us and I growled, angered at this setup.

"What the hell do you think you're doing, Saito?! Let them go this instant!" I commanded but he only grinned at me humourlessly.

"What do you think?" He paused. "You know since day one, you've been getting on my nerves. Choosing Higanbana over Kuro Tenshi. What a waste of skills." He tutted and I clench my fists. Before meeting Higanbana, I had my first encounter with Kuro Tenshi. If it weren't for someone's wish, I would've gone to them instead of Higanbana.

"But you know what drove my anger to its limit?" I blinked when I heard him speak again. He raised his arm and pointed at the body lying lifelessly on the ground. "It's when you started dating this guy over here." Saito's eyes were full of nothing but emptiness as he stare at me. "Because of you, he ended everything between us and the Black Dragons. Although, I have nothing against Black Dragons disbanding." I froze when he mentioned the disbanding of Shinichiro's gang.

"Disbanding..?" Shinichiro never mentioned to me anything about disbanding. Was ir because of me too? Was it because I told him everything?

"Because of you, my plan was ruined." He started to walk towards me and past Shinichiro's body. "And you know what?" He chuckled. "I've been watching you for some time now and if my suspicions were correct, you might probably be also the reason why my sister is dead by now." Sister? Dead?

"What nonsense are you spitting? I killed no one! I never once hit a girl!" I jumped back and created a distance between us, keeping my guard up for any possible attacks aa the others are on lookout.

"I wasn't talking about physical contact, honey."

"You're out of your mind." I gritted my teeth when I saw Shinichiro stir slightly, getting pissed at his unfortunate state. "Are you the one who did this to Shin?" I asked with a threatening tone but Saito shrugged his shoulders and not even bothering to spare Shin a single glance.

"I was hoping it was me but those kids really saved me the effort for knocking him unconscious." I don't really get what intentions he has for Shinichiro but whatever it is just doesn't sit right with me. He definitely looksl ike someone who's lost it already and to think that Shinichiro is one of the reasons why makes me uncomfortable. He hasn't mentioned to me anything about his gang's disbanding and his deal with Saito's gang... well, not that I have to know everything but thinking of Saito's words earlier...

Could I also be a part of that reason?

But why would Shinichiro not tell me about it?

I can't help but let out a huff as I chuckle. Was this how he felt when I kept things from him, as well? After this, I should probably apologize to him a couple more times because I never expected it to hurt this way.

"Y/N, we're not with them, I swear! We don't know him! Believe me!" I heard Kei's voice and saw him struggle within the man's grip. Kids don't lie, right?

Walking up to them silently, I ignored Saito who kept talking like a mad man. Seeing as his men were off guard, I took the chance to punch the guy restraining Keisuke and kicked the one who held his friend who seemed to be lost in his own world by now.

"Y/N."

"I told you to let them go earlier, didn't I?" I glared at Saito and his men, pulling the two kids behind me. I turned to Keisuke who had fear carved onto his face with dried tears on his cheeks. "Get out of here. Take your friend with you. You can't get caught up in this mess." I pushed them further and he immediately grabbed onto my wrist to stop me.

"No, we can't leave you here."

"Kei, listen to me. Shinichiro needs help as soon as possible. I need you to call for help. That's all I can ask of you." I pushed him again.

"But Y/N—!!" Lucky enough, I was able to dodge in time when one of Saito's men launched for an attack from behind. Quickly picking up, I fought back, taking in his challenge causing him to fall on the ground with a thud and wincing in pain when I somehow hit something that shouldn't be.

"Go now!!" I shouted when three other men came right from the front altogether. Without wasting time, I took the three of them at once and somehow managed to fight back but not for too long as I quickly moved back.

"Sparing the lives of your lover's supposed to be murderers? How absurd." Saito mocked. I noticed that Keisuke and his friend already rushed out of the shop when I kept the others busy.

"I don't know what you're up to, Saito but I'm no longer with Higanbana. There's no need for us to fight—!!" I quickly moved my head to the side with eyes wide open when he tried to punch me straight ahead.

"Of course, there is! You're Shinichiro's slut, after all!" I clicked my tongue at how he addressed me.

He came at me again and I blocked every attack he sent my way as much as I can while also paying attention to the other men distracting me. When suddenly one of them managed to kick my leg, sending me off balance which Saito took as an opportunity to kick my head. I felt my vision blurred again as I drop to the ground, feeling the dizziness creep on me once more.

I hurriedly blink my eyes to adjust but Saito was already headed my way as the others took a step back to make way for him. But the moment he raised his fist on air and me still not being able to find my strength to stand back up fast, a pair of arms wrapped around his waist causing him to stop.

My eyes widened when I saw Shinichiro standing behind him with his head still bleeding as he try his best to stop Saito with his remaining strength.

"Y/N... run." He croaked out. It's clear that he's struggling by just keeping Saito steady.

"Nichi?! What the hell are you doing?!" I quickly picked up myself by keeping a knee on the ground.

"Huh? So you're still alive." Saito's face was blank as he turned to look at the person behind him who's struggling in restraining him.

I felt my throat hurt as I screamed Shinichiro's name when Saito hit his face with his elbow making him loosen his hold before kneeling him on the stomach causing him to drop to the ground. He coughed, placing his hands on his stomach to endure the pain.

My eyes stayed glued to his suffering frame and with the little strength I have, I hurried in crawling closer to him.

"Shi—" However, the thought of Saito still in the same room as us completely left my mind and before I knew it, just as I extended my arm to reach the raven haired, I felt a sharp pain on my cheek with a strong impact. I felt my body hit the wall, giving me more damage before falling to the ground limply and feeling my strength leaving me as my vision was filled with total darkness and nothing. It was then followed by a faint shout from a distance of someone dear to me that managed to reach my ears before my consciousness slipped away.

"Y/N!!"