Chapter 37: One

YOUR POV

Everything went well during our talk over dinner and now we're just sitting on the couch in a cuddle as I take in his familiar warmth with me.

"What? Planning to get me a ring already?" I teased when I noticed Shinichiro staring at my hand and kept running his thumb and forefinger on my ring finger as if familiarizing it through touch. It was meant to be a joke as he looked taken aback but laughed along with me before wiggling his eyebrows teasingly.

"You bet."

After saying that, he stood up from the couch and went to the desk. I saw him sit down on his chair after turning on the lamp and started to pull some things from here and there. After observing him for awhile, he's now looking down as if he's working on something with all his focus on that thing. When curiosity got me, I made my way towards him.

"What are you doing?"

"What else, I wonder?" He answered as I peek over his shoulder and watch him use the tool on a thin object. He skillfully twirl it around from every direction to form a designed pattern and I watch him in awe.

"Nichi." I whined when he didn't answer me but he only replied with a chuckled.

After continuously warching him do it at a certain length, he pulled my hand and measured it around my ring finger. My heart skipped a beat when I realized what he's trying to do and in an instant, ablush has crept up to my cheeks, thinking if he's taken my words too seriously.

Pulling back, he did something on it again—the adjustments I think before finally smiling in satisfaction and turned to me fully. Taking my hand in his, he slid the now ring on my finger and I looked at it adoringly.

"This should do for now since it's already late and no nearby shop is open at this hour." He said before intertwining his fingers with mine as he took a good look at the ring with a sigh. "I'll buy you a real one, I swear."

I gave him a weird look and placed my hand right in front of the lamp to get a better lighting for me to eye the ring carefully. And I can't agree to his sudden reaction as this already looked so beatiful and perfect with my hand. I frowned and turn to him.

"What do you mean? This is already too pretty for me. I didn't know you had the talent to do something like this." I said, touching it with my thumb and admiring the details I feel due to the pattern he made.

"You like it? I actually learned it from my grandmother." His dismayed look is now replaced with one with pride and I can't help but smile at this. He looked like a kid in my eyes all of a sudden. Raising my hand up, I admired the ring wrapped around my finger.

"I want to make you one too so we can match but I don't know how to." I let out a sigh. It would be great if I can do the same.

"Come. I'll help you." He smiled and pulled me to the chair as he went behind me. Without giving it a second thought, I listened attentively to every little thing he's saying.

It took quite some time for us to finish. Not to mention that my arm hasn't fully healed yet so he had to take care most of the process. Even so, he remained patient with me as he would only chuckle at my clumsiness when sometimes I do it the wrong way. And now that we're done, I stare at our hands together with rings that matched each others'.

"It's so cute." As I said those words, my voice suddenly broke and I soon felt the warm tears rushing down my cheeks. I quickly tried to wipe them away to not ruin the mood. Why am I being so emotional right now? Is my period about to kick in?

"H-Hey, why are you crying? Is something wrong? Does your wound hurt?" I heard him ask with his voice laced with worry. Cupping my cheeks, he raised my face to look up at him as I rest my head on the chair's headrest, he stare down at me.

"N-No." I shook my head. "I'm just overwhelmed." Everything that's happening still feels like a dream to me. With him by my side now, it feels so surreal. If this was indeed one of those stupid dreams, I would never want to wake up again. "We really got separated just to be with each other again. Stupid destiny. Can't even decide our fates." I sniffed, wiping the last tear that fell from the corner of my eye.

With this, Shinichiro smiled at me softly. His fingers went to tuck my hair behind my ear before planting a small kiss on my forehead. By this gesture, I closed my eyes, just feeling his presence with me.

"So perfect." I heard him mumble under his breath and I snorted at this. "I love you, N/N always and forever, whenever and wherever." I giggled at his words.

It was those same words that we used to say to each other when we were in high school. Ah young love. What a cringy line we came up with but the nostalgia I felt is at its peak. I shook my head with a chuckle and met his gaze before smiling.

"I love you too, Nichi. Always and forever, whenever and wherever."

And with that, Shinichiro's lips crashed into mine. It was slow and soft at first as if he's kissing something so fragile. But eventually, the tension between us started to increase as we kept on going until the kiss became fierce. Before I knew it, he already turned me around by the chair to face him as he once more ravished my lips with his own. It was addicting as I let myself fall into bliss with his touch as he started to roam his hand in places making me moan out sounds of pleasure which only ignited the tension in the room. Pulling back softly, he bit my bottom lip sucking on it as he opened his eyes and releasing it.

He leaned to my ear, blowing on it making me bite my lip and squeeze his arm.

"I want you so bad." I felt goosebumps all over my body when he whispered those words to me before wetly kissing my earlobe and down to my jaw. I closed my eyes, feeling hot and embarrassed at my state.

He suddenly stopped and pulled back before I felt his thumb caressing my cheek as I lean onto his touch. Opening my eyes, I saw him staring straight back at me with an intense gaze and full of lust. Gulping, I know it's not only him who's feeling the intense urge to give in to our desire. Gathering all the courage I can manage, I parted my lips to reply.

"You don't need to hold back, Nichi." With that, he smiled at me sweetly before landing a soft kiss on me and pulling my frame up against him in a swift manner. I quickly accept the kiss as I wrap my legs around his waist, letting him carry me as my fingers played with his messy hair.

Soon enough, I found myself lying down with him on top of me, kissing me lovingly as we made love through the night. With hands clasped together, our love strengthened at this exact night. And at the end of the day, I laid beside him tired but feeling loved within his arms.

I could never wish for more as this is the best night I could long for. Because tonight, both of us became one.

A/N:
Aysjfjsjdha I'm sorryyyy