Epilogue Pt. 2

"Shin, you're staying there again?" A woman in her mid forties asked while wiping her hands on her apron, noticing her son grabbing some snacks on the table with a bag on his shoulder.

"Yes Mom." The raven haired male smiled and the mother sighed.

"You know it's been long abandoned. You're not to take responsibility of someone else's property, Shinichiro." It wasn't hard for her to notice how dedicated her son has been into taking care that old home that she, herself didn't even managed to live in.

"Still it was our ancestors' house. It's nice to visit it once in a while." The boy answered, drinking a cup of water and his mother shook her head.

"Yeah once in a while, not once in a day, you've been visiting it nonstop. You even repaired a lot in that house." She's concerned of what might happen with him alone in that place. It was reported that teenagers barge in and out of that place for exploration just because it was abandoned for years.

"I just feel like I belong there." Shinichiro smiled softly to himself, remembering how he feels when he stays at that place. Even though he's a far relative now, it feels like the people who used to live there were close to him whenever he's around there.

"Even though you just recently bought the place." The mother sighed. Before they can continue their conversation, someone came from the door.

"What's the matter here?" A blond old man whose hair is already starting to turn white stepped in, seeing as the two in the kitchen look serious.

"Your grandson. He's going to your old home again." The woman answered while removing the apron from her body. Hearing those words, the old man smiled before turning to his grandson.

"Pay them a visit for us, okay?" He, after all once lived there and despite losing his family, that place holds a lot of memories too. Good ones that can never be replaced. But now he's living a new life with a new generation of the Sano's family and all he could do is look forward. Though he knows, everything that's left in that place will always remain in his heart.

"Well, I should've known that." The woman butted in with a shake of her head, knowing she can't say no anymore and the two males chuckled. "Whatever you say. Just make sure to not push yourself too much."

Giving them a hug, Shinichiro made his way out of the house with a wave, excited to go back to the place where he plans to make his own soon after renovating the house. The two Sanos left in the kitchen threw each other a glance before releasing a sigh both at the same time.

"He has grown so much." The woman said with the corner of her lips slightly pulled upward.

"And he grew just exactly like my brother." The old man agreed, watching Shinichiro's figure disappear from a distance through the window he peeked. His daughter only chuckled before speaking.

"He's named after Uncle Shin, after all."

It was already dark when Shinichiro reached his destination. After paying the taxi driver, he made his way towards the entrance of the house. However, he immediately stopped midway when he noticed multiple rays of light are seen coming from the house. He frowned before turning to the side and made sure the sign of it claiming the place to be a private property is still there and he groaned when it is indeed noticeable and still people trespassed the place.

"This trespassing kids better not have vandalise the walls in this place or I'm seriously gonna set a trap for them next time." This wasn't the first time. He's been visiting this place for quite some time now and it was a normal encounter to find random writings and patterns all over the place. Though he had already bought the place last week, he wasn't sure whether the people around are aware of it as he hasn't stayed too long in this place yet to be noticed by the neighbors.

Shaking his head, he silently made his way towards the house and walked with only the moonlight lighting up his path. His steps seemed to be loud enough at a silent place like this for the trespassers to notice in an instant.

"What was that??"

"Did you guys hear that?" He can already imagine them panicking but still kept going, wanting to have a talk with the group.

But suddenly, a voice was heard that he didn't expect to hear in a place like this.

"What? Hear what?"

The voice of the girl that he heard in the train earlier rang in his ears as he unconsciously stopped on his tracks and turning to the source of sound. But before he could even pull the door open, a shout was heard from the inside of the room.

"Run!!"

"O-Oi!!"

He quickly slid the door open only to find the room empty with footsteps echoing across the halls with a few shrieks from the group. But he catches sight of something laying on the floor and his eyes widen at the familiar sight of the object.

The bag that's cleanly knitted in a beautiful pattern looks exactly the same as the one the girl in the train was using. The stranger who drew him a sketch.

"Huh? What's this?" He knelt down and picked up what looked like a sketchbook that's mostly off the bag already.

He was about to return it inside when the thought of the girl from the train earlier hit him again and his eyes landed on the material on his hand. Seeing as the owner has no plans of coming back to pick her things up due to the screaming earlier, he shrugged his worries off and opened the sketchbook and scanned through the pages. He can't help but admire the work of whoever made the sketches. The progress was noticeable in every page as if the artist has been practicing her new knowledge continuously page by page. Just when he was nearing the last page, a paper slipped from the book and to the floor.

His eyes trailed down and there he saw the thing he's been searching for. He felt his heartbeat fastened and everything in him felt ticklish all of a sudden in suspense of seeing the thing sprawled on the floor. Picking up the paper from the floor, he analysed the art on it, looking at it in pure awe as to how it managed to grasp every detail he remembers in his own appearance.

"It is indeed a sketch..." he whispered to himself. "...of me?" He started to recall what happened back in the train when he was supposed to grab the girl's attention.

He was just about to open his mouth to say something to the girl when the train had announced its stop. With the two girls immediately making their way out, Shinichiro on the other hand had a hard time catching up to them when he was pulled to the opposite side and away from her. The moment he got out of the train, he can no longer see her around.

But fate seems to be on his side today as he confirmed these things belong to that same girl. If he's lucky, the girl might still be inside the house right now and he can still catch up on her. Maybe, just to ask her about the sketch.

As he was about to close the sketchbook, he noticed something attached behind the sketch he's holding. Flipping it, he was greeted with something he once again didn't expect.

"A letter?"

But what made him froze was the name it was addressed to.

"Dear Shinichiro."