Chapter 8

Willow emerged from the tunnel to find a party unlike any other. Blinding lights, fireworks, and drinks. Many individuals swayed to the rhythm of the music performed by a band on the stage. Every person within view held a drink, be it a bottle or a disposable cup.

The atmosphere was electric, charged with anticipation and a sense of freedom. As she stepped onto the festival grounds, the vibrant energy enveloped her. The air pulsed with the thumping bass and reverberated melodies that emanated from multiple stages. The night sky served as a blank canvas, its vastness illuminated and painted by an array of dazzling lights. The combination of the crowd's excited chatter, laughter, and the occasional scream of excitement formed a constant hum that added to the ambiance.

Willow took cautious steps as she looked around to ask for help. The unfamiliar environment and the absence of familiar faces created a feeling of unease. She could feel her anxiety kicking in and her heart rate escalating when she felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned around to come face-to-face with a man who appeared to be in his mid-twenties.

"I've never seen you here before. Are you lost?" he asked.

He looked decent—white shirt, blue jeans—and he too had a drink in his hand.

"I have indeed lost my way. I need someone to help me get back home," she requested. "Can you please help me?"

The man was about to respond when he abruptly stopped and inched closer to her, sniffing.

"You smell different," he said, closing his eyes and sniffing again. "You smell delicious." He opened his eyes and laughed. "No, that's not possible."

After taking a drink from his cup, he lightly grabbed Willow's arm and said, "I'll help you."

She immediately drew back. She felt like a magnet that only drew creeps at the time.

"I have changed my mind. I should go," she replied, walking away without looking back.

"Oh no, come celebrate with us. Here, have a drink," he said, grabbing the back of her neck, turning her around, and forcing the glass of drink down her throat.

She almost choked after two sips of the disgusting liquid and began coughing, bleary-eyed. Willow pushed him away with all her strength and ran as fast as she could into the crowd.

She collided with someone and fell to the ground while looking for a safe place.

"I'm so sorry," the girl with whom she had collided said, extending her arm to help her up. "Are you all right?"

Willow dusted her clothes, and the first thing she noticed was that the girl wasn't holding a cup in her hand, though she did wobble a little.

"I'm fine," she responded.

The girl nodded and was about to move along when Willow interrupted her.

"Actually, on second thought..." she began, "I'm not fine... I got lost in the woods and ended up here. I must return to my apartment as soon as possible. I have a lot of assignments and projects to finish. Could you lead me out of here and into the city?"

The young lady raised her brows. Willow finally looked her in the eyes. She was young, about Willow's age or a few years older; tall and slender, dressed in a stunning blue gown with diamond jewelry adorning her ears and neck, and her blond hair falling in soft curls. She was stunning.

"That's an unusual story," the young lady commented.

"It isn't a sto—"

"However, I like it. I'm going to assist you. What's your name?" she inquired.