Chapter 17

Mew's POV

I helped him put on his clothes.
I can take all her insult to me, but I can't understand how the hell she can speak like that to her son? She is making Gulf feel that giving birth to him is a mistake.

"Stop crying, baby." I cupped his cheeks.

"I am afraid." He cried louder.

"Don't be. I am here. No one can harm you, baby. I'll handle everything. Don't worry."

His mom saw us while we were opening the gate.
"You will regret this, Gulf. You will regret this big time. I'll freeze your credit card. I'll remove your name from my will. You will never get a single cent from me. That Mew will just leave you when he can't give you what he wants. You are nothing without us." His mom yelled outside, causing a scene in the neighborhood.
I blocked him from the curious neighbors.

"I will never leave Gulf. Don't worry. He is safe with me. We don't need money from you. So please keep it well. I hope you are happy with your money." I told her.

I can't believe that a mother like her exists. 

I know we are wrong, but how can she tell Gulf those words without batting an eye? Gulf is her son, for fucking sake.

She regrets that she released money for his son's freedom, while I feel guilty all this time for not being able to pay for him and left with my dad from that  scary place.

Gulf sat on the passenger's seat. His tears are continuously flowing. I drove far away to that place and pulled the car off the road.
"Stop crying, baby."

"Did you hear her? She doesn't care about my feelings. She only cares about money. Am I not lovable? I agreed with everything she said ever since, but I guess it's not enough. I worked hard to be a good son, hon. You know that, right? I married my best friend for them." He is still crying. I unbuckled my seatbelt so I could hold him into my arms. Gulf doesn't deserve to be hurt like this.

"I promise, I will love you. I want you to forget all the pain. I'll fix everything for you. We will start by settling first. Where do you wanna live?"

"I want somewhere far, away from the people. Would you please bring me to a place far from here? I can't take it anymore." Gulf cried his heart out.

"Don't worry, baby, as you wish."
I have a vacation house that can be traveled by land for 12 hours. It would be a perfect place to start with him. I want him to heal. His mom's words broke him. I will help him file a legal petition to terminate their marriage.

He fell asleep due to too much crying.
It was a long drive, but I have no complaint at all. I should be happy that he finally chose me, but I can't celebrate. Not yet. As long as he is still legally married to that Fai, I can't be at ease.

That girl, what's her purpose? I think she wants Gulf to be caught in the act. She is trying to play victim, so I have to tell Gulf's mother that Fai has a boyfriend too.

"Baby, wake up now." His eyes are red.

"Where are we?"

"Far away from them. Trust me, okay?"

Before coming here, I had already asked the caretaker to prepare everything for us. Gulf only has his phone with him and his wallet. I asked Mico to buy all the things that my boyfriend might need. I will hide him here. I'll make sure that he will be happy with me.

I called my mom to inform my whereabouts. My family knows how crazy I am for Gulf, so it's not surprising that I will be gone for long with him.

I just let him rest in our room while I prepare our dinner.