27. The Club

Randomly during the week, while at work, I get the dreaded call from Victor.

His sunny disposition scares me even more while we chat on the phone scheduling our date, as from what Nicole told me, Victor is always playing a game with people. We agreed to go to a club but he told me to meet him at his home first, making me somewhat worried.

When I tell Cassius about this, the tense look on his face breaks my heart. I know he still isn't comfortable with this. Currently he's laying on top of my bed throwing a ball in the air, as I get ready for my date with Victor. He frowns, showing how dissatisfied he is about the whole ordeal.

I showed him an outfit Nicole once got me, it was a velvet body-con deep red dress. It was off the shoulder and very short, but at least it had long sleeves. My hair is already curled and makeup applied, I ask for his help on picking an outfit. 

"Alettra, can you please not ask me how you look, I'm finding it difficult enough sending you to him with you looking more gorgeous than usual. I'm just gonna tell you to go in a bin bag but even then, you would still look too good," he states grumpily while still staring at the ceiling.

I let out a breathy laugh at his adorableness, reminding me of a grumpy little cat.

I go to the bathroom and change into the dress and layer on some gold jewellery to help look the part. With my smoky eye shadow and dark lip, I don't even recognise myself in the mirror.

I return to the bedroom to see Cassius with his eyes closed and arm resting against his forehead. Silently I wake up to him, and straddle his lip while he lays down. His blue eyes snap open and his warm hands land on my hips to steady me. When he focuses on me, his eyes darken and I can't look into his eyes without smiling sheepishly. 

"Wow", he whispers in awe. My confidence shoots up dramatically at his dumbfounded look. As he sits up drinking me in, I stroke his cheek and whisper into his ear, "Is this appropriate club attire, Sweetheart."

Cassius looks at me for a few more seconds, before shaking out of his stupor and chucks me to the side of the bed, making me scream.

He quickly straddles me so I can't move and I look at him in confusion.

"I have a problem Alettra, you look too good for me to let you leave," he says quickly still breathless. I let out a massive chuckle unable to take him seriously.

"I'll be back soon, you don't have to worry," but my words of comfort do nothing to put him at ease, so I continue, "I got this, Cass."

After a while of me attempting to pry Cassius' arms off me, I finally leave my apartment and head to Victor's house, panic filling my chest. I was going to a murder's house.

God, why would I choose to wear these stupid heels? What if I needed to run at some point, run away that is.

As I arrive at Victor's house in the evening, I marvel at how fancy everything looks and how big it is. I knock on the door confused at the sudden downpour of rain that starts.

Great.

Suddenly the black door opens revealing a smart looking Victor with a huge grin. He invites me in as I try to quiet my nerves, hoping I stay calm under the pressure.

"You're looking exquisite today, Alettra. You dressed up all for me, well I'm touched," Victor compliments while letting his eyes wander down my body in lust.

I glared at him, forgetting my sweet persona and replied, "I'm dressed in this, because it was laundry day... I'm dressed up out of convenience, not for you, since my hoodie was in the wash. You're just lucky I'm letting you take me out."

To my surprise he laughs, he gathers some stuff and tells me we can leave in his car. Wanting to look around I ask if I could freshen up in his bathroom, and he tells me where to go while texting someone on his phone.

I head upstairs this large house already confusing me and try to navigate my way around, I finally find the bathroom. There's no pictures, no nothing that indicates that this is Victor's place, let alone that anyone even lives here.

Once I finally leave the bathroom, I hear Victor's voice booming from a nearby room, scaring me. What's going on? I try to locate his voice to a room with the door slightly ajar and I can see Victor's hunched shoulders and sneer, highlighting his anger to whoever is on the other side of the phone. The room is dimly lit and looks like his bedroom. 

"I will deal with him later, just keep him drunk and high." The floorboards squeak under my heels, making Victor's head snap in my direction, his black hair that was gelled back now hanging down his forehead, most probably from him stress combing it from the call.

"What are you doing, Alettra?" His voice low and threatening, making me want to burst out into tears right at that moment. Steeling myself, for both Cass' and mine's sake, and painting on a smile, I replied, "I was looking for you, I'm ready to go, unless you have other things too do?" Victor and I have a stare down for a while until his posture relaxes and he nods. Still slightly shaking I walk into his bedroom pushing my fears down and wrap my arms around him, making him still. "I'm really looking forward to our date Victor." 

Nicole did tell me he loves being touchy so hopefully this will help divert him from the fact I listened to his suspicious phone call. He hesitantly wraps his arms around me, making me feel sick. I look around and see an antique chest. Excited, I push away from him gently and walk towards it. It's a beautiful oak chest with gold detailing before I can go closer to it Victor's bellowing voice stills me.

"DON'T TOUCH IT", his roar filled with more trepidation than anger makes me turn around in shock with a raised eyebrow, what was the big deal about this chest. He clears his voice and looks at me sheepishly, "It's a special treasure chest from my mother."

"Oh, well you know I specialise in antique artefacts it could be worth a lot," but Victor is already dragging me out of the room saying we should go to the club. As we arrived at another club, the smoke and lights were messing with my senses, I couldn't get over that treasure chest, and how strongly he acted with it when I brought it up. While at the club and sitting next to Victor in the booths, we talk about a few things, his sunny facade never disappearing. 

As Victor puts his arm around me, from the corner of my eye, I see Nicole watching us from the bar glaring at... Me. Why is she glaring at me? I've actually brought up how much of a good friend Nicole is, but Victor causally dismisses me by saying she was too clingy for him. Judging by the glare, she still is. 

After the night is over, Victor drives me back to my apartment. He attempts to kiss me, but I land one on his cheek telling all good things come to those who wait, making him smile. We were both playing a character, but I feel like I made good strides in collecting evidence.

As I open the door, Cassius is already there and wraps me tightly in his arms and buries his head into my neck. "Thank God, you're okay Alettra." I smile at his over protectiveness and stroke his back. "I think I found something about Victor that could help your investigation."

__________________________________________

Hey,

Thank you for reading, *SPOILER* story doesn't end with Victor btw.

X