32. Last Date

Though vague, Cassius' promise of enjoying our last few weeks together was nothing other than special.

We were barely apart, which wasn't much different to how we were before, but we were greedily making memories together to cherish. Going places we should have been going, but were both too busy battling our demons. My face actually hurts from the amount I've been smiling due to our time together.

We have had so many dates, even Liz was jealous. My favourite date, so far, was easily the home date. Cassius built the blanket tent, despite getting frustrated and searching on the internet on how to do it, because in his words it had to be 'perfect.' After thirty minutes, I walked into a beautiful and impressive blanket fort that covered the whole of the large living room, enhanced by many hanging fairy lights, making it a magical setting. As well as my favourite movie ready to go for us to watch.

Indiana Jones, yes I know, very cliche.

I thought all of this was Cass trying to keep us together, but I couldn't have been more wrong. One evening after work, I decided to surprise Cassius at his office. When I had got to the door however, I was met with Cassius and Ronnie in an arguing match.

"She's good for you Cassie, what do you mean you guys are gonna break up after she leaves for Greece." I had never seen Ronnie so angry, as he confronted Cass, but as I peeked quietly from the door, I saw Cass' crestfallen expression and my heart dropped.

"I have to let her go, Ron, she can do much better than me. She deserves better than me." Tears prick at my eyes, this amazing man can be so stupid sometimes. I then realise what Dr Jones told me was too, we have to heal separately for a while. So not wanting to ruin our time together I walked through the door with a smile, pretending I had heard nothing.

Currently I was getting ready for what was our last date, our last time before my flight tomorrow morning. Tears threaten to surface again but I push them down, staring at my appearance in the mirror. My royal purple satin dress makes me smile. It was beautiful, and it made me feel beautiful in it, but in reality only Cassius made me believe I was beautiful.

God, I really am a mess.

I hear a knock on the bedroom door, and I open it in excitement. There he stood by the doorway, blue eyes wide, drinking me in as he visibly gulps. My confidence skyrockets.

"You okay there, Mr Ardent."

My teasing tone awakens him from his drifting thoughts, he goes to lean his elbow on the door frame but misses, and ends up landing on me.

As we both fall to the floor, his body cages mine. I look up at him with a glare, "This normally happens at the end of a date, not the beginning Sweetheart." He scoffs, not believing my ability to tease him, but when he meets my eyes, we burst out into laughter.

As he helps me up from the floor, my eyes skimming down his body taking in his god-like appearance. Black button up shirt and black trousers, but the cuffs of the shirt are rolled up highlighting his impressive veiny arms. Veins of blue that I've traced every night to put him at peace from his nightmares.

God, I hope he will be okay without me.

"You'r- you're wow, just wow. Alettra, I think I'm actually speechless and now I'm making a fool of myself. Brilliant." He finishes while messing with his brown hair, something he does when he's nervous.

I grab his hand from his hair and lay a kiss on the inside of his palm, glazing up at him, adoring every part of him, especially as he blushes. I admit I have been acting more sappy than usual, but I don't regret it because it's the quick way to get him to blush. I don't mind acting on my instincts, Cass never makes me second guess myself anymore.