Marquis Leonidas Von Laurier

Adelena's POV

I spun my heel on the the ground and headed straight over to the sword. I couldn't help it, it was as if a surge of fire spread throughout my body. My mind continued with; the sword, I want it in my grasp.

"M-m'lady— that's sword is—-" Aiden continued as I reached towards the sword inches before my grasp.

"That sword was the Madame's!—" he exclaimed quickly as I ceased to ignore the remark.

Just as I was about to touch the sword I felt a cold hand grab my shoulder. I flinched as a man peered over my shoulder.

"What are you doing?" A cold raspy voice questioned.

"Papa!" Vedette and Ciel said simultaneously.

"Papa..?-" I murmured in confusion as I turned to face the cold stranger.

To my surprise I instantly recognised the man, Marquis Leonidas Von Laurier. Adelena's father, and the man who sided with Giselle even though his daughter was yearning for his approval. He was right there as we both stared at each other, face to face as I snapped back into reality.

"Mar-marquis Laurier." I quickly bowed as I faced down at the ground, I didn't know what to expect.

The sword, according to the faint sentence I heard Aiden say. The sword was the Madame's? Does he mean Adelena's mom? Is that why he's so upset? Actually the story didn't even cover much of Adelena's family, only how much her whole family doted on the heroine, not her.

"Adelena, what are you doing on the training grounds?" the Marquis questioned with a stern look on his face.

"I.. was visiting Vedette and Ciel." I said quickly as I turned my head to the side.

"Pfft, when did you get so close to the twins? You never cared about them if I recall." Another voice stated, maybe a older version of Ciel's voice, just much deeper.

I carefully lifted my head to be presented with Inglid Beau Laurier, the first son of the Marquis, and the second male lead of the novel. The man who fell deeply in love with the female lead, and even threatened Adelena with a sword just to protect her.

"Maybe if you cared about me you would've known." I said suddenly, I was so caught up in the moment that I couldn't keep track of what I was saying.

I quickly covered my mouth as I felt the cold eyes of Adelena's brother piercing right through me.

I then suddenly felt Vedette's hand grab mine as Ciel stood beside me.

"Papa— I like sister Adel." Vedette said looking straight up at the Marquis who was visibly surprised, Ciel was also nodding agreeing with Vedette.

"My, apologies. I chose my words poorly." I said bowing slightly as I gripped onto Vedettes hand.

"You don't say, I thought you may have learnt something from all the books you read." Inglid said as I flinched gritting my teeth tightly, maybe without all the pressure she would've lived a good childhood.

"That's enough Inglid." The Marquis said as he signalled me to bring my head up.

I gazed up at his ebony eyes that started deeply into mine. Raising his hand out to my hair.

"You look exactly like her." He said gently as he brung his fingers to a piece of my white hair.

His expression was a gentle, solemn look. One that made him look to lonely and pitiful. I was having trouble keeping up with everything that was happening. He gently retracted his hand and looked at me once again.

"You should be wary, you might get sick again Adelena." He patted my head like I did to Ciel.

Was the Marquis.. worrying about me?!