The Birthday Banquet (3)

(Butler is shown above: will be elaborated on further into this chapter.)
Adelena's POV

"Splash." The water in the tub swayed from side to side as I fixed my position to accommodate me more. You would've thought that with the time given we would get straight to dressing up. But at last Mabel stated that this banquet was no joke and I had to be prim, perfect, and fresh?

"I think that's about it M'lady!" Mabel dried her hand with a cloth and smiled brightly.

"Thank you, I feel better already!" I said while I pushed my white hair back and signalled Mabel to bring me my robe and towel.

I'd still have to get used to her bathing me and all.. it was kind of weird since I'm technically a grown woman, or whatever.

I got up as Mabel placed a silk robe on my skin and patted my hair gently with a towel, I walked over to Adelena's private dressing room. Which I have to admit is a little too much, you can practically smell the extravagant perfumes, with a hint of roses.

I looked to the side to see the dress in all its glory, Adelena would usually wear ball gowns to banquets like this. Well maybe not ballgowns but the same fanciness you'd see in them.

"Excuse me M'lady." Mabel said as she dried me off, two other maids rolled in a cart with my corset on the top, laces and etc.

They led me to a smaller room in the already humongous room, if that makes sense.. and started by dressing me in my garments, then in my corset.

"Please let us know if you're feeling any discomfort Lady Adelena, we'll try to be as gentle as possible." a maid states as she suddenly pulls the laces.

"Agh!" a grunt escapes my mouth, as the maids mumble sorries continuously.

This will be a difficult banquet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After they finished dolling me up, putting on the dress, accessorising me, doing my hair in a bun with still some of my silvery white hair dangling loose whilst sparkling diamond and crystal accessorises are clipped and secured in my hair, giving off a elegant aura.

I looked in the full-body mirror and was in awe of the figure standing before me, Adelena was almost unrecognisable when she was dressed up all fancy. She went from Marquises over achieving daughter; to Marquises extraordinarily gorgeous daughter.

I turned to face the maids and thanked them for their hard work as I excused myself from the room. Stepping out of that room made me feel like I was in there for eternity, breathing in the air of the hallway made me feel like a vampire than has finally awoken from its slumber, and is out to hunt down its target... well at least that how I felt.

"Mabel, what time is it?" I asked curtly.

Mabel flicked out her pocket watch and said;
"Approximately 1 hour till you must leave for the Banquet." she replied

"Its only been that long?!" I ask in bewilderment as she nods.

Suddenly a butler appears out of nowhere, and presents his self to me before bowing.

"Evening M'lady." the butler; possibly as old as me--- says.

"Ah, yes, evening to you as well..." I say confused, I don't think I remember this butlers name.

"The Marquis has summoned you to the lobby, him and the young masters, and mistress are waiting." he informs me, he had a disappointed look on his face which truly confused me.

Has Adelena ever interacted with this butler before?