Yuriel, and White Roses. (3/3)

Adelena

I freeze as I recognize the same charismatic voice from the party before.

Yuriel?

"Ah, your highness, we thank you for your attendance." the Fortes siblings bow as me and the Prince doesn't move.

What do I do? What do I say? Do I just turn around a bow? Should I run....?

"Yes, I think this is rather a good cause." Yuriel says as he gives the siblings an envelope.

"The Celestine Empire would like to gift a donation, so that whomever may learn here may get the best possible education."

I couldn't see his face, but I could somehow here the smile on his face.

I take a step to the side so he isn't behind me anymore, my head down the whole time.

"Prince Mathias, I'm glad to make your acquaintance once more." Yuriel says.

"Likewise, my father has been talking about your joy of horse back riding, perhaps we should go together one day." Mathias responds.

"Mm, maybe." Yuriel responds with a chuckle as he and Mathias have small talk.

I take this as my chance to do a 360 and run away.

Am I that unnoticeable in Giselle's presence? Maybe he had his eyes on her the whole time too.

Mabel sees my sudden rush of pace and runs to my side immediately.

"My lady?"

"What happened, is something wrong?" Mabel asks.

"Yes, very wrong, I-I think I need a drink.." I say as I feel my face heating up out of embarrassment.

———————————————————————————
Adelena

I ended up sitting down at a table with Lady Astoria and Amelia, along with a couple other ladies.

I had a drink and currently am fanning myself, whilst Mabel conversed with other maids.

"Are you feeling better now Adelena?"

"The weather sure is quite warmer than usual, maybe your body needs some adjusting to the heat." Astoria says making conversation.

"I'm feeling better now, this drink very refreshing." I say with a cold fresh juice in my hands.

"If it helps Lady Adelena, I can blow some wind to make it colder." Amelia says pulling out her hands.

"Ah, I don't know about that Amelia, we know what happened last time, you nearly blew down Lady Jules!" Astoria says laughing.

"It was quite the experience, wouldn't recommend but Lady Amelia was just being kind so I'm thankful." Lady Jules says with a laugh as Amelia's ears turn pink an she smiles.

I take another sip of my drink, I feel so much more refreshed and free around these people as they chatter on.

I know some of them still may feel some uncomfort-ability or distrust in me, but I'm happy they've finally warmed up to me.

Suddenly, I feel a tap on my shoulder.

"My lady some requests your presence for a moment." Mabel says looking professional.

"Ah, okay.."

"I'll be back, let me know what I miss when I return!" I say with a smile as everyone smiles and nods back.

I get up from my seat and walk alongside Mabel.

"Who is it?" I ask curiously.

"They told me to keep it a secret." Mabel says with a smile.

We end up walking towards a secluded part of the academy a bit farther from the gathering.

At this rate I'm fanning myself again, maybe this weather is too hot for me, and it's only spring.

"Here we are, I'll be over there my lady." Mabel says quickly as she scurries away.

"Huh? Mabel wait—" I exclaim as I once again hear the same voice from before.

"My lady." Yuriel says as I raise my head to face him.

"Ah, your highness.." I say quickly bowing.

He pauses, and a silence fills as he just smiles gently.

"I got these for you, they reminded me of your hair." he says as he reveals a large bouquet of white roses.

The bouquet was full of blooming white roses, and was finished off with a red ribbon.

"Wow, how beautiful even the ones in my fanilies garden aren't as large." I say taking them from him bewildered.

"Thank you your highness, I haven't received a gift in a long time." I say with a genuine smile, Adelena isn't the type to receive gifts at her door every morning like Giselle.

"You have a beautiful smile my lady, I'm so happy to be your friend." he says smiling brightly.

"Thank you." I say with a smile.

His expression suddenly turns serious and he says,
"I was going to greet you but then the Prince Mathias kept on speaking, I apologize that was rude of me."

"I got worried when I saw you standing fanning yourself, you looked unwell." he finishes off.

"Ah, yes, it seems this weather isn't the best for me unfortunately." I respond.

"And don't worry about before, I understand." I say with another smile.

"Why don't we walk back together?" he offers with his arm out.

"I'll gladly take you up on that offer." I say smiling holding the roses in my other hand as we linked arms.

THANK YOU SM FOR 4K!

I keep on thanking you guys every chapter as we hit new milestones, thank you again! ❤️