The Birthday Banquet (1)

Adelena's POV

Well...that was unexpected, meeting the Marquis at the training grounds. Him being oddly gentle, much more than I thought he would be. I honestly feel quite guilty that I "misjudged" him, but in my eyes he's still the man who turned on his own daughter.

I watched as the Marquis and Inglid strutted towards the training grounds exit. I then glanced at Vedette and Ciel who's eyes were sparkling with excitement.

"You came to watch me, right Sister Adelena?" Vedette said as a bright smile formed on her face.

"What— No! She came to watch me." Ciel said opposingly as the space between his eyebrows scrunched up.

"Haha.. calm down guys, I just came to see what your usual training looked like." I said nervously.

"Are you guys hungry I have some—" Just as I was about to finish my sentence I heard commotion coming from Mabel's direction.

"A WHAT?!" Mabel exclaimed as she looked nervously at another maid whose head was down.

"B-but there's still too much to do! Dresses, jewelry... Why such a late notice?!" She complained continuously.

A stepped towards Mabel holding on to the front of my dress.

"What's going on?" I questioned as I gently flipped my hair to the side.

"L-lady Adelena!" The other maid quickly bowed down lower than before with teary eyes.

"Oh my- Please do get up!" I said nervously, the girl was practically on her knees. Was it that serious?

"M-M'lady...." Mabel said as she turned to face me.

"Please forgive us!" Mabel said bowing.

"Huh? For what? Is it serious?!" I questioned placing my hand over my chest.

"T-the Banquet! It's Lady Amelia's birthday banquet!" She exclaimed.

"We have to get you into your dress as soon as possible! If you enter in poorly, it might risk your chances of winning their favour.... and even losing chances of becoming the crown princess!" She pleaded as tears formed in her eyes.

Ah, I seem to have forgotten. In this world I am just a Marquises daughter, one who cannot master the sword and a woman who only wanted to reign above them all.

Lady Amelia.. what was her part in the novel again? Oh right! She was the daughter of the Marquis Alistair Easton, Amelia Daphne Easton. The Easton family was the pillar of magic, which made them crucial to secure Adelena's reign to the throne.

"Right. I should start getting ready shall we not." I said trying to act as calm as possible, if I show any signs of nervousness I might pass it down to Mabel who was already pacing around.

"Vedette, Ciel. I'll see you there!" I smiled brightly.

"Yes!" They said both gleaming joyfully.

I walked out of the training grounds Mabel walking behind me as we entered the Manor.

————————————————————————

"There you are Mabel! Do you know what time it is?!" The head maid called at Mabel rushing towards us.

"I'm sorry! I didn't know!" Mabel said bowing down continuously.

"Agh you're right, this is my fault I should've called for someone to inform you. This usually never happens.." She said pinching her forehead.

"My deepest apologies Lady Adelena. This will never happen again." As she bowed with her hand on her chess reassuringly.

The reason why this has never happened before is because the original Adelena always knew when everything was, she was always one step ahead of everyone.

"It's quite alright, but we should hurry, we only have 2 hours." I said with a gentle smile.

"Yes!" They all said as we walked towards my bedroom.

Maybe this won't be so bad..