Friend (2/2)

Adelena

If I had to describe him in anyway, it'd be a heart wrenching tragic love poem.

"My lady, I apologize for startling you." his voice sounded smooth and calm, almost too calm.

"Oh." I respond without thinking, seriously I had to say 'oh'.

There was a pause, but then he started speaking again.

"I trust you won't be demolishing my family anytime soon?" he says with a playful tune.

Wow, so funny, the amateur crook has a sense of humour.

"I apologize, I mistook your way of approaching me as a potentially frugal." I say coldly, not showing any amusement to his humorous approach.

"My, so cold.. I heard that the sleeping lion of Laurier was a socialite, from what I've seen today, you seem to be the opposite" he provokes.

'Sleeping Lion of Laurier', many people insist on using that nickname for Adelena I can tell. He probably doesn't even know my name, just all the infamous terms she's called and described by.

How dare he comment on my socializing skills when he has to hang around the Crown Prince and Giselle.

I turn around slightly angered at his choice of works. Again, speeding up the walk.

"Wait where are you going? I haven't even introduced myself!" he says catching up to me and walking by my side.

I glare at him, he has a smirk on his lips and his eyes stare at mine, keeping up with my walk.

"Please, if you're here to ridicule me just leave me alone," I start stopping briefly. "I don't care who you are, what you do, your intentions, and your opinion, please excuse me."

I walk away again, more annoyed than ever. Something about hearing the obvious from another person that I don't even know the name of ticks me off.

"I just wanted to be friends!" he shouts from a far.

He runs up in front of me, can he not read social queues?

"So persistent.." I mumble.

"Pardon me?" he says as he tilts his head slightly to the side.

"Fine, lets hear it." I give in and finally hear him out.

His eyes gleam, and a stupid smile appears on his face.

"My name is Yuriel Maximillain Lior Von Volsaire, I am the Grand Duke of the Celestine Empire." he says and bows slightly.

I pause with shock, the man in front of me.. is the Grand Duke of the Celestine Empire?! He even has a name longer than mine.

"I-I am honoured to make your acquaintance your Royal Highness." I bow, I can feel my face getting red.

"Likewise, please rise seeing you so polite makes me uncomfortable, heh." he responds playfully.

Grand Duke of the Celestine Empire..?

The Celestine Empire being the neighbouring nation, ruled by the Emperor Lior Callan Volsaire Von Celestine. The Celestine Empire is Religious and has an abundance of Holy Users. So this man, is a potential heir to the throne..? Last time I checked, their was already a Crown Prince, so this must be another prince of their Empire..?

Questions raced through my head, and it must've shown own my face for Yuriel to let out another chuckle.

"I'm the second prince of the Celestine Empire, and I gave up my rights to the throne to avoid useless wars."

"Some may call me cowardly, or a waste of investment, but I would like to live my life without the guilt of hurting or disrupting my family relations." he finishes with a hopeful expression.

"You understand don't you? You have to make sacrifices for what you want for yourself." He states.

The original Adelena would understand that remark all too well, sacrificing her own family relations and sense of self just for the throne that wouldn't be hers.

"Yes.. I applaud you for your gracious generosity." I say apathetically.

"Well, aren't you going to introduce yourself?" he questions knowing damn well he knows who I am.

"I am Adelena Soliel Davina, I'm the first daughter of the Laurier Marquis." I say gracefully with a curtsy.

"I'm honoured to make your acquaintance Lady Adelena." he responds smiling brightly.

"So, what do you really want?" I ask bluntly.

"As I said, I would like to be friends with you, my Lady." he replies.

"Really?" I say with a scoff not believing him.

"Truly, I mean it with all sincerity."

"I would like us, to be fri - ends." he says pointing at himself and then me, slowly saying friends.

"..."

"Fine." I say giving in once more.

"Wow, finally!"

"Who knew it would take this long to befriend you, aha!" he says smiling brightly and he continues to walk (and pester me) beside me.

The Villainess is Bored of White!On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara