Birthday Banquet (5)

Adelena's POV

"I.." I was too shocked to speak, the question was abrupt and I didn't feel the same way the real Adelena did.

"It is a title that makes me feel as if I do not deserve to call you by." I respond in haste.

"You are my daughter, it is only appropriate that you call me Father like your other siblings do." He retaliates.

This was humorous considering the fact that he didn't bat an eye towards Adelena, even when her brother teased her. It was like he only had three children, only disregarding her.

"Yes, appropriate in the eyes and ears of other people to decide, but when we are not in their presence I will be just someone of your blood."
This would probably be something Adelena would say if she didn't try so hard to reach her priorities; she would have had a better relationship with her father and family.

The Marquis looked taken aback, not showing it immensely but the subtle changes in his expression gave it away. The remainder of the ride was silent, only the rattle of the carriage to be heard.

———————————————————————————
Arriving at the Easton Manor, I observed two things; one, they like violet, two, theres a magic barrier. Understandable, it's not like casting one wouldn't trouble them more than it would benefit them.

I stepped out the carriage and took the hand of a courtier, the Marquis stepped down in time for my brothers carriage to arrive.

The twins and Inglid stepped down as I kept
my gaze forward towards the entrance. Not noticing my hand was still resting in the courtiers hand.

"My Adelena, I never knew you were so desperate that you would settle for a courtier." Inglid said as a smug smile lined his lips.

I quickly retracted my hand for the courtier and scowled.

"I reckon you enjoy flirting with my maids." I rebuttal as I glare at him.

"Enough, you two." the Marquis sighed as he gathered Ciel and Vedette who were staring at us.

"Please, let me escort my lords to the banquet." the courtier said politely, as we followed him into the Manor and through the halls stopping at a large expensive looking violet door.

———————————————————————————

"THE HOUSE OF LAURIER!" the announcer announced as the vast doors opened upon our entrance.

A grand staircase presents itself infront of us as we step down the stairs. Vedette clutching onto my hand for support.

I look around and see the whole rooms attention focused on us. I can feel the cold and icy gazes towards me, understandable, Adelena was a great person to suck up to, but she was also an infamous bitch.

I squeeze Vedettes and she seems to notice and we step off the final step. She sends me a quick glance, and smiles somewhat soothing my worries.

"This room is very grand, right sister Adel?" she starts as we make our way towards Marquis Easton and Lady Amelia.

"Yes, the gold goes well with the violet." I say as I admired how the gold carvings contrasted with the violet coloured walls.

Inglid, Ciel, Vedette and I bow slightly once we reach Marquis Easton.

"My old friend Leonidas, its been so long!" he exclaims as his gaze shifts to the Marquis.

"It has indeed, I consider myself lucky to be without your presence for so long." the Marquis spits back surprising me.

"Still so stingy to your long time friend, ah and look how much your children have grown!" Marquis Easton shifts his gaze towards me and my siblings.

"Inglid, you've grown so much since the last time I saw you, I reckon sword training has been going well?" he asks Inglid.

"Yes it has, though, my swordsmanship still needs more refining in my eyes despite my training." Inglid responds and I grimace at his antics.

I look up and see Lady Amelia looking at me with an unreadable look. She has long auburn hair, with piercing violet eyes. Her hair was lengthed to her waist, and has braids which connected into a simple tie connected by a violet ribbon with a pearl on it. She was wearing a beautiful violet dress with light gold, white embellishments along with subtle pearl details.

"Lady Amelia, Happy Birthday." I greet her with a soft smile.

She looks at me with a slightly shocked expression, but quickly masks it with a smile.

"Thank you Lady Adelena, I appreciate your attendance on such a joyous day." her Violet eyes glimmered under the chandeliers lighting the room.

It was silent for a bit until the twins nudged me towards the table.

"Ah, I'll talk to you in a bit I have to guide the twins to the table." I say in a haste.

"Of course, please enjoy the Banquet." she says as I walk away.

The twins end up guiding me towards a seat with red silk draped on the chair, red being the colour most prominent on Laurier's Emblem. I sit beside Inglid, the pattern going from Marquis Laurier, to Inglid, to me, and to Vedette and Ciel.

I look across and to my surprise, I see Giselle sitting right before me.