The Birthday Banquet (2)

Adelena's POV

"Ahh- we need to pick out your dress immediately!" Mabel scurried around as her eyes filled with tears.

"Mabel, it's fine we still have 2 hours." I said in a attempt to comfort her.

This Banquet will be my first official debut into society in this world. Sure, the original Adelena has been to more than I can count, but I think I can manage.. I hope.

The head maid quickly returned with row of dresses ranging from extravagant designs, frills, fabrics and other sparkly stuff I couldn't comprehend.

"Lady Adelena, we've chosen some dresses that we would deem appropriate for this occasion." The head maid stated, many off these dresses weren't the leisurely ones I wore when I took walks inside the Manor.

These dresses clearly showed that they belonged to someone of power, respect, and a noticeable ranking.

But there was one thing bothering me, all the dresses.. they seemed to be... white?

"White..?" I murmured staring at the variety of dresses they had to offer.

"Yes M'lady. You requested that your whole closet were to be filled with white dresses.." The head maid said looking down with her eyes closed and hands placed on top of eachother.

"All these dresses are wonderful, but I think I would like to wear a different colour this time.." I said hesitantly as everybody in the room stared at me with surprised looks.

Ah yes, how could I have forgotten. Lady Adelena was famous for her stunning white gowns that paired with her gorgeous white hair splendidly. Too bad, I'm not trying to look like a beautiful ghost today.

"Y-yes! Right away!" The head maid obliged shoes tapping towards the door.

————————————————————————

"Oh my.." I said in awe as those words escaped my lips.

I looked at the dresses reigning from different colours, and styles. These dresses must've been gifts, I for a fact know that Adelena wouldn't dare purchase a bright yellow dress with more frills than her mattress.

I walked towards the new rows of dresses, as the bottom of my dress dragged on the floor.

"There's so many to choose from." I stated.

"I bet this is the first time these dresses have seen daylight since you've owned them M'lady!" Mabel exclaimed as the head maid shot a look at her.

The head maid picked out a crimson red dress, embroidered with silver and black designs around the lower part of the dress and lace ribbons at the top.

"Hmm, I'm not sure. It's beautiful but I'd like to see more options." I said as the head maid nodded.

"Oooo!" Mabel exclaimed.

I saw her holding a pretty violet dress with golden designs and small jewels around the waist.

"That dress looks wonderful! But I don't think the Lady Amelia would be too happy with that decision." I reminded her.

Much like Adelena, Amelia also had a signature dress colour. That colour was violet, the Easton family seemed to favour that colour greatly as their family emblem shared the same colour as well.

I walked around the rows of dresses searching for one that would sastify my taste. I was quite picky as none of these dresses were a option for me, maybe it was because of my modern day influence or because the frills and gigantic bows on these dresses weren't buying it.

Just as I reached the last row giving up, I spotted the most beautiful black, white and bluish dress. It fit the event and was elegant.

"Mabel

"Mabel.. I want to wear that one." I said as I placed my hand on the gorgeous gown in front of me.

"Great choice M'lady we'll get you ready straight away!"

Dress bonus! ^Haven't fully gone over this chapter yet, sorry for the late update some things came up!

Dress bonus! ^
Haven't fully gone over this chapter yet, sorry for the late update some things came up!