Birthday Banquet (6/6)

Adelena

Thoughts race through my head as I stare at her, trying to comprehend that there she is.

The female lead, the lady who "ruined" Adelena's life, a genius, a beauty, a true fairytale character, a woman with a heart of gold. All these names she goes by, but her name was really Giselle.

She had flaming golden hair and gleaming golden eyes, filled with endless wonders.

Suddenly, those golden eyes turn to me, and she paused, making a nervous face.

I stare right back at her, maybe this is why the Crown Prince and my brother fell in love with Giselle. Her eyes are captivating, golden like you could just look into them forever.

I don't know what expression I was wearing on my face, but Giselle's changed into shock and then confusion.

"Sister Adel, try this fruit it's so sweet!" Ciel offers me his fork with a clementine piece pierced on its points, snapping me out of my daze.

"Oh really?" I start, "Thank you Ciel." I finish as I take a eat the clementine off the fork.

"My, it is quite sweet, would you like me to make some arrangements to have some sent to the Manor?" I question as I indulge myself in the flavours.

"Really?! Yes please, me and Vedette can share and eat them with you at lunch!" he says with a bright smile.

I smile back, but when I look up all eyes are on me, even Inglid.

"Did I miss something?" I ask confused, as I see the crown prince sit beside Giselle, breaking the order of the seating.

He glares at me. A piercing gaze, as if he wanted me to shrivel under it's puncture.

If this was the original Adelena, his wishes would've probably occurred. However, to his dismay I'm here, literally a solid commoner if I was born in this timeline.

I sent him back a glare just as fierce, holding his gaze until he drops it. I'm not backing down, so easily.

"Oh Your Highness, did you finally find something amusing about me?" I say as his expression turns into a scowl.

"Adelena, what are you doing?!" Inglid whispers, clearly upset.

I send him a glare as well, what an ass honestly.

"It seems you've lost you manners Adelena, even on Lady Amelia's birthday banquet. You still find a way to stir trouble, disrupting such a joyous day." he counters, and I grimace.

"He's not wrong.." I hear other nobles murmuring.

"On a day like this as well, I feel bad for Lady Amelia." another one says.

"How arrogant.." they comment.

"Shh! She might hear you.. you know she's still the sleeping lion of Laurier!" someone interjects causing the talking to cease.

I chuckle, they're acting like I can't hear them. I stare at the Crown Prince, a cocky smile on my lips.

"You're right, I apologise—" I suddenly get cut off by somebody entering the room, Lady Amelia beside him with her father escorting her down the steps.

A man with sienna coloured skin, light vanilla blonde hair and aquamarine eyes. He was wearing a white suit, and had a single mini angel wing earring.

He walks past my seat and sits beside my father, a chair that had a royal blue drape on it.

"Now that all the guests have arrived, we shall now commence with the banquet to commence my daughters birthday!" Marquis Easton says as he lifts his wine glass up.

"To Lady Amelia!" a person starts as everyone lifts their glasses up.

———————————————————————————

Adelena

I sip my wine as I try my best to ignore the show going on in front of me.

The Crown Prince is feeding Giselle some food, like he's deliberately trying to make me jealous.

I keep on sipping my wine until there's nothing left, what with these serving sizes?! Inglid got so much more than me!

I look to the side about to glare at Inglid, but instead another pair of eyes catches mine.

Those same aquamarine eyes from before.

I stare right back at them, he holds my gaze almost like he can understand my every worry and thought.

"..iss.."

"Mis.."

"M...s"

"My Lady?" a waiter says from behind me and I jump a bit.

"Ah, yes?" I say with a hand on my chest, woah I got distracted there.

I hear a faint chuckle and I look to the side again to see that same man chuckling.

I flush red and the waiter continues.

"Would you like more wine?" they ask.

"Oh, yes." I answer as they grab my glass and refill it.

The waiter walks away and I take a swig of my drink, after this I'll slow down a bit.

"The ballroom is now ready for dancing! We shall dance for the night ahead of us!" the Marquis says as he and many others, including me get up.