2

You took a a fantastic nap in your new fantastic room and now you were brushing your teeth, all excited to visit the town with Regina.

You were still a little tired and you didn't want to leave the comfort which your new bed gave you, but spending time with Regina sounded way more amazing for sure.

"Good morning honey" Regina said to you as you entered the kitchen. She was slipping on the same black heels she was wearing that morning, but she was wearing a different jacket, since the weather got a little warmer. You smiled at her, putting on display your dimples.

"Are you ready to go?" she asked you ad you fixed your hair a little bit watching your own reflection in the fridge. You nodded with a smile, meeting her eyes always on the fridge.

She chuckled, got closer to you and put her hands on your shoulders, lingering there for a couple of seconds, then she spun you around and began running her hands in your hair. "Let me fix it for you sweetheart" she said sweetly as she did it.

It felt like heaven.

Her hands were still soft, even softer than that morning if that was possible, and you just wanted them to hold you for forever.

After she fixed your hair the way she liked it, she put her hand under your chin and lifted it, forcing you to make eye-contact with her.

Not that you complained of course.

"You're so beautiful y/n, I can't wait for everyone to see you" she said lovingly and you were only able to smile, even tho her words scared you to death.

You weren't ready to meet the rest of her family, not yet.

Like she was reading your mind she gave your forearms a reassuring squeeze and spoke again "It's ok honey, you're lucky. My mother and my sister are working, so you won't have the pleasure to meet them today". She ended the sentence with a sarcastic chuckle and you did the same.

*****

"You really used to spend your time here?" you said as you gave a glance around. Regina brought you near the ocean, since she knew how much you loved it, and now she was talking about how she used to play in this wooden castle near the water when she was a child.

"Yeah, why are you so surprised?" she said and giggled a little, moving near the castle.

She placed her hand on the wood and traced a straight path on it, once again lost in her thoughts like that morning at Granny's.

She must love this place very much

"It's just that you look so-so" you didn't know how to put your thoughts into words. "Take your time honey, it's okay" she said as kept looking at the castle. "It's just that you look so professional and-and just...adult, I can't imagine you as a kid running in a playground and playing in the mud" you said and ended your sentence with a nervous chuckle. You weren't sure if your words offended her or not, because she remained quiet for what seemed like an eternity to you.

She finally took a deep breath and released it after, closing her eyes and letting the cool breeze blow on her face.

It was like she was really going back to her past when she used to spend her time in that playground.

"Did-did I say something wrong?" you asked when you noticed the frown on her face. "No, you didn't honey, don't worry. It's just I can't believe either that I used to play here. It seems like another life" she sighed heavily and then asked you if you wanted an ice cream and you accepted it.

*****
You entered with Regina this little ice cream shop called "Any Given Sundae" and a tall blonde lady behind the counter smiled at you.

"Hello Madam Mayor" she said and put on a polite smile.