9

You rolled around in your bed, looking for the warm body you fell asleep beside and smiled when you felt a caress on your forehead.

"Morning munchkin" a soft groggy voice said to you as a pair of lips kissed yours. You kissed her back and then tucked your chin under Regina's head, sighing contently.

All your worries and bad thoughts were gone, you were just enjoying the moment.

Everything was perfect: a soft glow illuminated the room, Regina's face was near yours and small puffs of her breath landed on your skin.

"Morning mommy" you responded and you felt Regina's smile becoming wider as you used her pet name. At the beginning you didn't understand why she wanted you to use this particular pet name, but now it just felt right to you.

For the first time your heart wasn't beating fast and your head felt empty, your body was light; all the anxiety that responsibilities usually brought you was gone. For the first time you felt like everything was actually going well.

You rubbed your eyes sleepily as Regina chuckled and moved some hair from your face. "Someone is still tired" she said before kissing your knuckles. "Mommy's going to make breakfast now, I'll call you once it's ready ok?" the brunette asked as she started moving away from you. "Nooo" you whined and you tightened your grip on her t-shirt.

Regina kissed your head again and then said something that made you smile "You need another 5 minutes of cuddles, don't you?" she said sweetly and you cuddled up next to her, placing your head on her breasts.

"Good girl baby" the woman praised you and cradled your head in that way you loved oh so much.

"Ok baby, now it's time to get up" Regina said and you shook your head no, not wanting to get up just yet. "Baby" she said with a warning tone that left no room to protests. She stood up and you gave her your best puppy eyes, silently pleading her not to leave you. "Ah ah, don't you even try, you know it won't work" Regina said with a chuckle and you joined her, putting on the nightgown that your mom handed you.

"Carry me?" you asked as you stretched your arms out. "Oh baby, of course mommy will carry you" and with that she picked you up and carried you out of the room and down the stairs.

You placed your head on her shoulder and buried your nose in her neck, letting Regina carrying you to the kitchen. You needed to be close to her that day more than ever and you couldn't understand why.

Something in your state of mind shifted during the night and you just wanted her to hold you all day and take care of you for ever.

"My little one is feeling particularly clingy today, isn't she?" Regina asked you using her baby voice as she rubbed your back.

"Jus' wanna be close to mommy" you responded as you nuzzled your nose further in her neck.

Why am I talking like this?

"Oh I see baby, then mommy will spend the day with you" Regina said back as she placed you on the island in your kitchen.

As she maked pancakes you found yourself getting lost in your thoughts.

You thought about the past month, how your life changed, the people you met, the new friends you made and you couldn't believe that it all happened thanks to a single person.

Regina.

Beautiful, gentle, caring Regina.

You felt so lucky and before you could stop yourself a tear rolled down your cheek.

"Do you want Nutella insi-baby, what's wrong?" Regina asked you as she got closer and draped her arm around your shoulders. You smiled at her and that was enough to stop Regina from worrying too much. She took your face in her hands and left a gentle kiss between your brows. "N-nothing, I'm just happy mommy" you said back and flashed her a new and bigger smile. "I'm happy too" she said and gave you a peck on the lips.