16

You woke up in the middle of the night, your cramps still killing you.

As you opened your eyes slowly you realized that Regina and you were still on the couch. Her head was placed on a pillow and yours was on her chest.

You fisted the fabric of her t-shirt and inhaled her scent. She smelled like home.

You propped yourself on your elbow and looked at Regina, who was beautiful as always.

Her eyes were closed and she was lost in her dreams, but a little smile danced on her lips.

Dream a little dream of me you whispered near her lips as you caressed her hair. As you hand touched her hair her nose wrinkled a little and she brought a hand up to scratch her cheek, but then she went back to her sleep like nothing happened. When you were sure that she was asleep you continued your mantra of carresses on her hair.

"Get away from me" Regina said suddenly, her voice groggy and dry.

She said it in such a flat and unbothered tone that you wondered if she was actually talking to you.

"Cora" Regina said again in her sleep and you realized that in fact she was not talking to you.

"I'm not gonna marry the king" she kept talking to this woman named Cora and a little chuckle escaped from your mouth.

How cute, Regina was dreaming of being a princess.

Regina woke up all of a sudden and wrapped her hand around your neck, pinning you down on the couch.

Her hand moved so fast that you didn't even have the time to react somehow.

"Re-regina it's me" you said as you tried to free yourself from her grip.

When she understood who you were she immediately pulled her hand away from your throat and placed it on hers instead, her breath short and ragged.

She squeezed it lightly, almost trying to reassure herself that no one was choking her.

"Hey, is everything alright? It was just a nightmare" you said when you saw panick in her eyes.

"Did I hurt you?"

Once again Regina was worrying about you. No matter the weather, the day or the hour, she always worries about you. And with this though you smiled at her and took her hands in yours. "No, don't worry Gina, I'm fine".

Instead of gathering you in her arms as always, she dropped her shoulders in a defeated way and ran her hands through her hair, wiping some sweat away from her forehead.

You stood up and walked into the kitchen, taking some fresh water from the fridge.

"Thank you baby" Regina said as you handed her the bottle.

You sat next to her and rubbed her back like she always did to you.

Regina smiled a little and then placed the glass on the floor near her feet.

"C'mon, let's go to bed" she said and offered you her hand. You wanted to ask her what was the nightmare about, but you decided not to push. It was clear that she didn't want to talk about it.

She leaned on the backboard of the bed and you laid on your stomach next to her. You placed your hand on her tummy and rubbed it gently, hoping with every fiber of your being that that little gesture could make her feel better, even just a little.

She ran her hand through your hair and sighed.

"You wanna know what the nightmare was about, don't you?" she asked, a little knowing smile on her face.