5

3 Days Later

3 Days Later...
ALEXA RHODES

I was at my countertop and reading when I heard the front door slam. "Alexa!" Rafe's voice roared. I jumped up and my heart was pounding. He stormed into the kitchen and he was seething. "What's wrong?" I asked. "Did you fuck him?" he yelled. "What? Who?" I exclaimed. He grabbed the roots of my hair and yanked my head to face him. I winced. "You know who! JJ, the dirty pogue! The one I told you to stay away from." he yelled. "I didn't. I swear!" I said. "Really? Because Barry told me about how Luke Maybank was telling him all about JJ and his kook tease girlfriend! Sound familiar?" he asked. I shook my head. "Don't lie to me!" he yelled as he backhanded me across the face. I clutched my cheek and my eyes watered. "Why were you there?" he asked. I said nothing. "Tell me or so help me God I will kill you with my bare hands!" he screamed. "To warn him!" I yelled. His eyes darkened. "What?" he spat. "It's not fair, Rafe. You can't hurt him because of me. He didn't know or understand us and how you handle me. It's not his fault." I said. He stepped closer to me and I stepped back. My back hit the wall and I was cornered. He towered over me and I looked up. "Please don't hurt him." I said quietly. He glared at me. Then he spoke. "You're right, love," he said. My face fell. "Really?" I said. He nodded. "I shouldn't hurt him," he said. I smiled. "My father taught me to exploit weaknesses and clearly you are his weakness." he said darkly. "No- I-" I started. "So if he is going to suffer, you have to suffer." he said. My eyes widened and it all happened so fast. The first punch hit my ribs and I fell to the floor gasping for air. Then he kicked me in the back. Then another kick and another punch. I curled up in a ball on the floor as tears poured down my cheeks and I begged him to stop. Blood seeped down my nose and from cuts on my face. My eye was swollen and I could barely breathe. Then Rafe grabbed the back of my neck and yanked me up. "Please Rafe- I can't breathe- please!" I begged. "You've seemed to have forgotten that you belong to me!" he yelled. He slammed me down over the counter and hiked up my skirt. "Please Rafe, please don't do this!" I sobbed. He yanked down my underwear and I heard his belt buckle. Then he slammed himself inside of me and I cried out. "Please, slow down. It hurts!" I cried. "Shut up!" he yelled. He twisted his hand in my blonde hair and held my head down. My face was pressed against the cold counter and his hands groped my breasts. Then he finished and pulled out and I collapsed to the floor. I felt blood on my thighs and I was shaking. "Get up!" he said. "No more, Rafe. Please. I'm sorry. I am." I pleaded. He grabbed me and began dragging me outside. "Where are we going?" I asked. "I said shut up!" he snapped. He threw me in the backseat of the car and my head hit the window. I felt dizzy, like I was drifting in and out. Then we started driving. We finally pulled to a stop and he picked me up and started carrying me out. I could barely stay awake. "Are we at the hospital?" I asked weakly. "No." he said. He dropped me on a wooden porch and placed an envelope next to me. Then he walked away. "Rafe- where are you- please- please don't leave me-" I said weakly. He drove off and I passed out.

JJ MAYBANK

John B, Kiara, Pope and I were all sitting out back and talking about the gold when I heard the sound of a car pulling away. "Shit, is that DCFS?" John B asked. "I'll go check," Kiara said. She walked inside and we continued talking. Then we heard her yelling. "Guys! Guys! A little help!" she screamed. We ran inside and she was standing with the front door open. I ran over and that's when I saw it. Alexa. She was passed out on John B's front porch. She was covered in blood and bruises and her hands were shaking. Next to her, laid an envelope. "Holy shit!" Pope said. "What the hell? What- what happened to her?" John B asked. "Rafe happened." I snapped. I knelt down next to her and shook her body gently. "Lexi? Can you hear me?" I said gently. Her eyes fluttered open and she looked scared. "Let's get her inside!" I said. I picked her up bridal style and laid her on the bed. "Rafe did this to her?" John B asked. I nodded. "And you knew?!" Kiara said. "Sort of. It's a long story that I'll tell you in a second." I said. I grabbed a wet cloth and dabbed the cuts on her face. "Read the letter," I said. John B picked it up and started to read.

Stay on the cut. This is your last warning.

My stomach sank. This was his retaliation. Almost beating Lexi to death was his revenge against me. "Oh my God, they did this to her as revenge?!" Kiara exclaimed. John B nodded. "That's insane. This is insane!" Kiara said. "She needs a hospital." Pope said. "No- no hospital-" Lexi said weakly. I looked at her. "Lexi, you need a hospital. I'm not a doctor. There could be something wrong that we don't see." I said. "Please let us bring you to a hospital." John B said. "He'll kill me. He will. You don't get it. He will kill me. Please-" she said. I looked at them and shook my head. "Guys- look-" Kiara said quietly. She pointed towards Lexi and I looked closer. There was blood. On her inner thighs. "What does that mean?" John B asked. "He raped her too." Kiara said quietly. Everyone went silent. "I'm so sorry, Lexi." I whispered. Then her eyes closed.