5 : Cookies Jar

"Have you heard?" Ming burst into Forth office while catching his breath. The news finally reached his ear and he even had it confirmed with his mother. He can't believe what Grandpa Thanit had done to his family.

Forth arch his brow to take a look at Ming catching his breath while waiting for him to mum out the 'news'.

"Grandpa gives away his wealth to someone name Baramee Vongviphan. All of it. Not Phi Prae, your mum, you or Phi Moe. Do you have any idea who this person is?" Ming inquired Forth. Ming has his guesses but he needs to confirm them with his mother first. She didn't tell much because she was busy managing the new heir.

Ming wild guess would be that this Baramee is Thanit's illegitimate son. If not, how can he simply give it all to him just like that? It's not like he doesn't have a legitimate heir.

"Do I look like I care?" Forth declared then he proceeded to do his work. He reckoned that the 'news' Ming was going to tell him has something to do with his corporations, turn out it's something meaningless.

Waste of his precious time.

For all he cares, his grandfather can give all his belongings to anyone he likes and he won't even give a damn about it. Broken trust is hard to mend. He trusted them to side with him once upon a time but instead everyone turn their back on him for some stranger words.

"Aren't you curious?" Ming inquired further. It's not like he didn't expect the reaction but don't he care about Mark?

"Nope." Forth's fingers are diligently typing on his PC.

"You're so boring. Should I get Mark to my house? Or do you want him at your place? Mum said he can still live at the mansion though. Nothing yet decided about his future." Ming elaborates more about the will but this time more on Mark. The mans

Forth body stiffened but he didn't reply. Ming then took it as he want Mark to stay at the mansion for the time being until everything get sort off.

"Send him to my place if the new owner didn't favour him." Forth instructed without making eye contact with Ming who was looking at him with a smirk following the instructions.

"Ahh...for you. I stole it from my house." Ming put a cookie jar he had been holding on to since he comes in at Forth's table. "It's taste good. Have a bite." He added before he disappear to the door.

Forth rolls his eyes. His gaze shifts to the cookies jar. Forth opened it and take one. He took a bite. His eyes widened.

"Not bad." He mumbled as the taste of the cookies attack his taste buds. He can't have enough of the addictive taste of the cookies.

He sigh as he realized but he needs more of the cookies.

He stares at the empty jar as if it will suddenly fill in with cookies.

"Steal more from your house." He sends Ming a text message attached with the empty cookies jar picture.

~~~~~

"You will be residing here from now on. Do not worry. I live here too with my husband but at the other house on the compound. I'll introduce you to the household the next morning." Lydia said not knowing that Beam wasn't listening attentively. He was busy admiring the extravagance views oozes by the mansion.

"Are you sure Mrs Lydia? I don't think..." Beam was too thunderstruck with all of it. Yesterday he was just some intern trying to make a living and gain as much experience so he will become one of the top Sales Managers for some big company.

But now...

"Call me Aunty Lydia Beam. I've been monitoring your development since you are fifteen after Mr Jamornhun found you since you are ten. Don't be a stranger." Lydia trying his best to make Beam comfortable.

"Is he...here?" Beam raised a question. He badly wants to meet the man who is responsible to make his life changes 360 degrees in a day.

"No sweetie. He is somewhere far. There are debts he needs to repay first. You'll meet him soon and he  explained everything to you." Beam gives up on trying to find the reason why JJC's big boss suddenly gives him all his properties.

Nothing makes sense. At least for him.

He is an orphan since he was ten and was placed in an orphanage after his mother died. He doesn't have any relatives coming for him even though many of them had come to his mother funeral which baffled him when he was older enough to understand. But he is glad no one came. That's where he met Wayo. The one he has considered as his only family.

"Your room is on the first floor on the left second door. All your belonging had been transferred here from your rental apartment. You have a lot of cookies. Do you bake it or buy it from someone?" Lydia asked smiling so wide.

The mover company send her pictures of Beam's kitchen which was full of cookies jars.

All filled.

Beam is blinking his eyes. He just realise the realness of today's occurrence at that very moment. They proclaimed that he was rich. JJC is his. The mansion he was stepping in right now is his.

All this while, he was still uncertain, not until Mrs Lydia mentioned that his stuff was being brought over to the mansion along with his mountain of cookies.

"Sorry. I bake when I'm stressed out." Beam explained. Wayo not receiving any of his calls is worrying him out. Day one is okay but day three is not normal for him to not answering his call at all.

"Don't be. Win will find him. Have faith in him. He is good with his job. My husband will assist too." Lydia comfort Beam because she knows why exactly the man is so overwhelmed.

"I'll have people to give them away to the needy tomorrow," Lydia added.

"Wayo told me to stop feeding people my sadness." Beam let out as he smiles bitterly.

"That cookies will turn into a smile sweetie. I've tasted them. Sorry, but I might have taken two jars back. It tastes so good." Beam laughing at Lydia statements. It's his mother recipe. His only inheritance from her. Her recipe book.

"Thanks, Aunty Lydia. For everything. Forgive me if I'm being rude but I have trouble trusting people I barely know. I still can't comprehend that all of this is true. I don't want to keep my hopes high knowing that this won't be here tomorrow but Wayo...please. He is all I have left." Beam explained his stance. All he wants right now is for Wayo to be with him.

"I understand Beam. Take a rest. Don't think too much. You won't be alone from now on. We'll get Wayo." Lydia words are calming Beam down. It's been too long since he felt motherly love. He grows up unadopted. His father and mother are the eldest who is running the orphanage, dividing their love to another hundred kids in the orphanage.

Beam unconsciously hugs the middle-aged woman feeling blessed.

"You deserve everything Beam. Don't let people tell you otherwise later on. Let's get you to your room." Beam doesn't understand what Lydia imply to but he follows her steps nevertheless. She escorts Beam until they reached the front of his bedroom door then he bids Lydia a good night.

Beam entered the room which was as spacious as his whole rental apartment but nothing cheers him up as he tried calling Wayo's number again but to no avail.

Beam just sat on his bed trying to chase away the bad thought that had started to cloud his mind.

"Be safe Yo. I'll go and get you. Wait for me." Beam whispered to the wind wishing that Wayo will hear him.