6 : Breakfast for Two

It's not a dream.

Everything is still in place, at the new place.

He is not sleeping on his usual bed.

And that only means one thing.

Beam sigh in defeat.

It's not a dream.

Sure he had dreamt of becoming rich and even hold some authority at one point in his life but he doesn't mean like Aladdin's lamp wishes coming true in a second likelihood.

He wants to enjoy the process of him slowly getting there. He wants to build his own ladder to the top. But now God has a different plan for him. He gave him a whole already built ladder in gold to the top.

Having to suddenly own lots of money doesn't excite him, to be frank. He can feel the burden coming with it too and then he still can't relate with the ownership of what had been passed to him.

Maybe that's why Thanit's had let his wealth go. It burdened him.

But why he chooses him? He doesn't have a clue.

Nevertheless.

"Beam? Are you up? Let's have breakfast." Beam can hear Lydia's voice on the door.

"I'll come down in 15 Aunty Lyds," Beam answered back. He is still in his work clothes from yesterday. He doesn't know when did he falls asleep. Beam hurriedly freshen up not wanting Lydia and the rest of the family to wait for him long.

He went out precisely fifteen minutes later with Lydia escorting him from his door. He was wondering if she stood there for fifteen minutes waiting for him. Luckily he didn't take hours to get ready.

"Sit here and the butler will serve your food." Beam inspected the dining table. The typical long table they usually have in dramas for the riches.

"I can make my food Aunty Lyds."

"Sit Beam. Someone will serve you. Get used to it." Lydia ignored Beam comments.

"But..."

As Beam is arguing with Lydia the servant comes out with a variety of choices of breakfast shocking Beam.

"Where is the other?" Beam asked. Enough that the long table looks too outrageous for him but it seems lonely too with just him occupying the table.

"It's just you and...." Lydia sense that Mark is missing. "...where is Young Master, Sunny?"

"He will be down in a minute Mrs Lyddy." Sunny inform.

"Just two?" Beam arch his brows. He thought the Jamornhum's are a big family and living together.

"Just two."

"Join us?" Beam invited Lydia to join him.

"It is not appropriate Beam. You have to start learning table manners and other kinds of formal gestures because we planned on n introducing you as soon as possible as the new CEO of JJC."

"Rich people stuff? Ugh! Can I just do what I do right now? Being rich is tiring and it is just 24 hours. Mr Joss is doing great. He's an asset. Let him handle JJC longer." Beam is complaining and praising Joss at the same time.

Lydia's eyes blink at Beam continuous rejection of embracing his newly found richness. She thought he will be happier today because yesterday had given him enough shock.

"Long table, lots of food and people standing by my side watching me eat. Not my kind of style for breakfast Aunty Lyds. Eat with me. Ask them to sit and help finish this. I can't eat this alone. This is a month of groceries for the orphanage I once live in. This is what inappropriate looks like." Beam is nagging while scanning the whole dining area.