13 : Waver

"Bo...boss?! What are you doing here?" Beam eyes keep blinking in shock seeing Kit's figure standing in the middle of the living room inspecting the mansion with his sharp eyes.

He looks serious making Beam gulp a lump. Forth on the other hand was amused at Beam stuttering on his words noticing the guest.

Kit instinctively turned around when he heard Beam's voice addressing him. He finds Beam's horrified face funny. Like Kit had caught him red-handed doing something illegal.

Well, Kit did find him hiding something big.

"You look fine to me. Why aren't you working yet?" Kit nonchalantly said. He decided to just talk to Beam in his usual manner after the slight shock he has on who he predicted Beam might be.

"I-I umm... I.." Beam is too panicked to give Kit a proper answer. He was now looking down the floor kicking nothing but air with his left foot.

Forth was impressed by the power Kit's hold over Beam. He wishes he had them to counter his never-ending teasing. The man is too relaxed around him not oozing any fear whatsoever making him not able to control him sometimes.

He do what he deemed right.

"The cookies are finished. Someone even dares to take mine." Kit added suddenly seeing how flustered Beam was seeing him in the house. A house he knew belonged to their former CEO. He went there once for a tea with Mr Thanit discussing business plans.

As the person who holds the biggest clients portfolios, Kit has the privilege to meet with the big guy of the company he is working with and even have the power to suggest or object to any projects he assumes are not beneficial or absurd.

"Huh..." Beam is blinking his eyes while the other spectators are fascinated at the interaction between the two men.

Forth never saw panic in Beam but Kit manage to make him waver and that interest him. He knows the man. JJC's famous Sales Manager. He can close nearly any impossible sales even with that cold demeanour he possessed.

He tried to recruit him once but his loyalty stays with his grandfather. That cute man with dimples doesn't fit with the grumpiness he possessed.

"Cookies? Refill for the pantry?" Kit explained furthermore rising Beam up from his nervousness.

"Yeah..okay. A minute. I'll..umm.." Beam is pacing right and left, suddenly forgetting where the kitchen is because he was stunned by the fact that his boss was standing in front of him in the Jamornhum's mansion.

"I'll get it, Young Master. Mr Intochar comes to visit because you didn't show up today. Your sick leave ended yesterday and then he asked HR for your address. I assist him to meet you. He is a regular here. No worries." Lydia explained to the still flustered Beam who is standing beside Forth.

Beam looks up to Kit very highly, professionally. Maybe interacting with Kit will cheer him up a little or help distract him from Wayo's case even for a second. She witness his breakdown and she was heartbroken seeing Beam in the state. She is glad that Forth manage to lessen his misery but deep down he knows Beam is still suffering.

Wayo names popped up nearly whenever she is taking care of Beam well-being from far away. She knows about his visit to Wayo and Wayo's uncle nearly sold Beam to his debt collector. Mr Jamornhum had the debt paid so Beam is safe. So is Wayo. He even had Beam protected by his most trusted bodyguard every time he went out to meet Wayo.

Lydia asked Kit to sit down while she prepared them hi-tea. Beam immediately ran by Kit side to ask him something.

"Sorry for the abrupt absence Boss buttt...emm...I didn't screw up on my evaluations, right? I know my attendance is a bittt..lacking but can you spare me a bit?...Please?..." Beam fidgety asked because Kit will be the one who will be evaluating his performance as an intern in the company thus determining his future whether it will be bright or right down pitch black.